Completing transition from OldWitt

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, March 06, 2020, 07:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

a) Who do we talk to to get a big banner on OldWitt saying "THIS FORUM IS NOW BEING CLOSED DOWN, PLEASE GO TO NEWWITT PLZ THNX"?

b) You could post to OldWitt on phones using Tapatalk. Any chance we can get some app to do that for NewWitt?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Eðo Grischun

Following a quick convo with Miestra off-Witt, I've slapped this up onto the top banner of the old forums and it'll display on every page.  Clicking the box will link directly to NewWitt.

Also made the news scroller thing spool through a few 'we are closing down' messages.

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Lüc

Update on the second part: apparently it is possible to access this Witt through Tapatalk and I have installed the plugin on our side.

Unfortunately the process kind of stalled on their end as it does not seem to be able to access a file it apparently needs to verify the status of the plugin.

Maybe I'll have more luck later on, though it's ludicrous they ask you 10$/month for the full experience, given how broken and full of typos it is.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Update: this was fixed by changing to a different plugin version. Everything should be in place. Someone should check if the site is accessible through Tapatalk, I don't have the app.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Lüc on March 07, 2020, 01:07:26 PM
Update: this was fixed by changing to a different plugin version. Everything should be in place. Someone should check if the site is accessible through Tapatalk, I don't have the app.
Hey, it works!

Sent from my E0113 using Tapatalk

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on March 07, 2020, 04:20:10 PM
Quote from: Lüc on March 07, 2020, 01:07:26 PM
Hey, it works!

Sent from my E0113 using Tapatalk
Using it now actually :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal