A few words re COVID-19 - We will get through this, Talossans!

Started by GV, March 16, 2020, 06:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

102 cases in NZ right now, two possible cases of community transmission; still no deaths, subhanna'llah.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

.... aaand NZ goes into total shutdown except for essential services as of Wednesday.

I have my issues with the current NZ government but I must say they're not messing around to make sure the 'Rona doesn't spread.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Sir Lüc

I don't want to add to the gloom, so I'll just say that it's not true that there are dolphins in the canals. There, I said it. Don't drink and write, foreign press.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Lüc on March 23, 2020, 05:10:35 AM
I don't want to add to the gloom, so I'll just say that it's not true that there are dolphins in the canals. There, I said it. Don't drink and write, foreign press.
Well this is disappointing...
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Eðo Grischun

Fancy asking Adern to invade and annex the UK?

We are currently being led through this crisis by a dude with all the leadership qualities of a pork pie and an intelligence level only found at the bottom of a bottle of piss.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on March 23, 2020, 10:49:23 AM

Look, I'll tell you what I've told the Australians pestering us with that same request for ages - it's not our responsibility to bail you out after you (in your case, the English) deliberately voted for a useless white man who told them everything was just fine.

Your only hope is UDI, as I do like Ms. Sturgeon's style:

"I don't want to see any of you out there, I run my toe up the crack of yer ass" #janeygodleyvoiceover #nicolasturgeon #COVIDー19 pic.twitter.com/ujvbxy1DS8 - Janey Godley (@JaneyGodley) March 22, 2020

GV

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on March 23, 2020, 10:49:23 AM

We are currently being led through this crisis by a dude with all the leadership qualities of a pork pie and an intelligence level only found at the bottom of a bottle of piss.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the British people, but precious little for the Labour MPs who should have chucked Jeremy to the curb last autumn and taken back control of their party.  They paid the price last last December. 

DNVercaria

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on March 23, 2020, 04:12:03 AM
.... aaand NZ goes into total shutdown except for essential services as of Wednesday.

I have my issues with the current NZ government but I must say they're not messing around to make sure the 'Rona doesn't spread.

I wish the German government would have reacted faster, instead of blathering endlessly (well, a month and a half, that is) about the possible impact of shutdown measures on the economy. Anyway, a faster reaction would have probably only delayed the mess that we're in now, so what.

Stay safe and well, people.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Perhaps it's the benefit of living in a small country where people tend to know each other. Here's our Minister of Justice being told about greedy landlords in Wellington and promising to personally put a stop to it.

I also appreciate the Government's commitment to parliamentary democracy. Parliament is being suspended during the shutdown, but a small committee of MPs - chaired by the Leader of the Opposition and with an Opposition majority - will stay active to scrutinize how the Government is using its emergency powers.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: GV on March 25, 2020, 05:06:28 AM
I have all the sympathy in the world for the British people, but precious little for the Labour MPs who should have chucked Jeremy to the curb last autumn and taken back control of their party.  They paid the price last last December.

a) I agree that Corbyn was not a success as leader, but the English and Welsh people didn't HAVE to vote for Clown Boris, there were alternatives.
b) The leader of the British Labour Party is chosen by postal vote of all party members - if the MPs had sacked Corbyn he would have probably just been re-elected.

Seiken Zeap

Does anyone know if a Talossan citizen has any symptom of this awful disease? How is everybody doing?
Seiken

Miestră Schivă, UrN

New Zealand is now in total lockdown apart from essential services and supermarkets. No deaths, and we intend to keep it that way. Although I may go mad if my daughter insists on watching PJ Masks on endless loop for the next 4 weeks.

GV

Quote from: Miestrâ Schiva, UrN on March 25, 2020, 04:28:10 PM
Quote from: GV on March 25, 2020, 05:06:28 AM

> a) I agree that Corbyn was not a success as leader, but the English and Welsh people didn't HAVE to vote for Clown Boris, there were alternatives.
> b) The leader of the British Labour Party is chosen by postal vote of all party members - if the MPs had sacked Corbyn he would have probably just been re-elected.

a. The problem was there was more than one alternative.  The anti-Corbyn Opposition could have made electoral pacts and all sorts of things.  The alternatives did not get along, and this is partly why they lost - that and Jeremy is a closet Brexiteer as far as I can tell.
b. I defer to your better knowledge.  If the rank-and-file had re-elected Corbyn, that would have given a clear signal Labour being as much a Brexiteer party as the Tories. 

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Andrew Whalen from Newsweek is doing an article on how micronations are coping with COVID-19, and wrote to GV because that was the only email he had. I responded thusly:

Quote¡Azul!

Dear Andrew, thank you for your questions. I would completely endorse everything that GV has said below, and add further comments thus:

1. Talossans are pioneers at social distancing. The Greater Talossan Area (aka the East Side of Milwaukee) is, to my knowledge, completely evacuated of Talossans at the moment. All meetings of the Government or the legislature, and indeed all social gatherings of Talossa, have been held exclusively online for a long time - I believe the last time a Talossan actually met another "in the flesh" was several months ago. So we can guarantee that community transmission of COVID-19 in Talossa is zero.

2. For more information on how we are coping during the pandemic, I can heartily recommend the article in the attached issue of our main magazine, _La S'chinteiă_.

3. For our Big Neighbour, the United States of America, I wish nothing but the best of health and welfare, and add only this proverb in our native tongue: "Voastra soleu ispéu da sürvivonçă, c'è despasar acest malignh crisomileu din la Casă Biancă."

I hope this helps!

Açafat del Val

This is known already among the FreeDems, but my partner has been exposed to COVID-19 and we have been quarantined for the past 2-3 weeks. She is recovering well by now, and I return to work finally tomorrow, but it is a little tenuous. Our metro area has been negligent at best, and our mayor and governor are woefully underestimating the impact of this pandemic. So, y'know, Florida is going to be ground zero for a bunch of corona-zombies.
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms