[Cantzelerïă/Chancery] Electoral Commission for the 58th Cosa

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, October 12, 2022, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

As we approach the start of the final Clark of the 56th Cosa, and pursuant to El Lex B.13.2., it falls to me as the Secretary of State to establish an Electoral Commission. The relevant portion of El. Lex is below:

QuoteThe Electoral Commission shall be comprised of one Uppermost Cort justice to be appointed by the Cort, one Senator whose term will not expire at the conclusion of the Cosa term to be appointed by the Mençei, and one member to be appointed by the King upon recommendation of the Seneschal, pursuant to the following subsections. The Secretary of State shall be a permanent ex officio member of the Commission, and shall not be entitled to a vote nor affect quorum.

Therefore, I ask @King John in consultation with The Seneschal, @Ian Plätschisch , the Mençei @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu , appoint their chosen member.

I will consult as well with the Uppermost Cort to determine which member shall join the Electoral Commission. @Viteu @Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN , @Istefan Perþonest, and Owen Edwards.

As the next General Election is quickly approaching, I will need to consult with the EC to establish the rules of the election as soon as I can.

Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă,
Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Estimat Secretary,

For the Mencei's appointment, I appoint Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

I just wanted to quickly point out that Eiric is both a party political officer *and* a Senator up for reelection  - both are disqualifying for service in the EC.

(Unless the law has changed since - if it has, then nobody updated the Wiki to reflect that)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Title B13.2. The Electoral Commission shall be comprised of one Uppermost Cort justice to be appointed by the Cort, one Senator whose term will not expire at the conclusion of the Cosa term to be appointed by the Mençei, and one member to be appointed by the King upon recommendation of the Seneschal, pursuant to the following subsections.
13.2.2. No person shall be eligible to serve on the Commission who is an officer of any registered or unregistered political party, or who plans to or is a candidate for election to the Senäts in the upcoming election.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

You are both correct. I would have caught that once I began work more formally. I haven't had the opportunity to spend much time looking over which seats in the Senate are up this term, and to be fair, I don't believe that Eiric was the leader of a party when he first nominated himself to the EC. I also don't believe the Senator has yet declared his intention to seek re-election, but it is possible I missed that announcement as well. As such, I've not opened the call for nominations yet, so anything can change. Nevertheless, the senator, now that he has formed his own political party, cannot serve on the EC.

Edit: I apparently need more coffee! Even if the senator was running, it is immaterial as his seat expires at the end of this Cosa term. Now off to brew a nice cup before work!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

This is also my bad.  Forgot about the Party Officer part, and thought Benito had another Cosa.  Consulting w/ Senate colleauges ASAP.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

The Cort Pü Inalt having met amongst itself, and after due and careful consideration does hereby unanimously nominate:

Puisne Justice Viteu Marcianüs as the Cort Pü Inalt's nominee for the Electoral Commission.

With our continued thanks and appreciation to the SoS for all his hard work,

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN
Senior Justice 
Cort Pü Inalt
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Ian Plätschisch

I appoint @Lüc to the Electoral Commission and thank him for his service.

All members of the Electoral Commission have been contacted as we begin our work.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal