Don't know who to vote for? Take the Talomat! [58th Cosa]

Started by Sir Lüc, January 19, 2023, 09:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

I'm proud to present you...

The Talomat!
58th Cosa General Election Edition

Available both in English and Talossan, courtesy of Sir Marcel!

If you're unsure about your vote, or you're simply curious about how your opinions compare to the parties, Talomat is the voting advice tool for you. Answer 36 questions spanning the current Talossan political discourse and see which party's positions are the closest to yours.

Note: PdR has not provided answers, so it's not included in this version. I will update Talomat if/when they do.

Feel free to share your results in this thread!
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Bråneu Excelsio

Sir Lüc

Thank you!

For the record, my results are:

PT 61/72
FreeDems 44/72
TNC 38/72
DIEN 35/72
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Lüc on January 19, 2023, 09:28:51 AMPT 61/72

Thought I'd offer a brief comment on this since I'm on PT's Cosa list. Obviously, me and Marcel agree on lots of stuff but don't agree on *everything*; we're just two polsci nerds trying to get elected so we can do polsci nerd things.

Places where we feel differently are:
- "Coalition agreements should be limited to issues directly affecting the government, leaving most legislative reforms to the Ziu's own initiative." Marcel/PT's position is against, which I acquiesced to with the proviso that this applies specifically to the political system we have. I'm personally much more in favour of the thesis, and believe that hoppering major reforms written behind closed doors, presenting them as fait-accompli, was a major mistake of many past governments.
- Party fees. I find nothing wrong with them, Marcel/PT's "official" position is mixed.
- Reducing the size of the Cosa. Marcel/PT is in favour of a Real Cosa; I don't like EM200, but I can live with it.
- Democratic way to remove or replace the King. Marcel/PT is neutral (taking issue with "regardless of motivation"); I'm in favour.
- Apolitical SoS and UC judges: Marcel/PT is neutral, I'm in favour.
(and a few more minor differences)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

This is great! Many thanks for making this!

I got

PT 48/82
Dien 46/82
TNC 41/82
FreeDem 41/82

so no major differences there based on just the score, though I was quite interested in some of the details. Overall it does confirm a long trend for me of being more or less politically homeless with no party to feel particularly strongly about, which is fine.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

I was a bit disappointed to see that my party was the only one to give any statements, to be honest. Would've been interesting to see the thought process behind some stances.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Yeah, I appreciated the explanations from the PT. There were some surprising answers*, so it would have been interesting to read the thoughts behind. these.

*For example, I thought FreeDem governments have so far taken a more interventionist approach on culture, so their answer on the culture question surprised me. Then again, haven't been paying much attention lately.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Ian Plätschisch

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Ián S.G. Txaglh

apparently WAD :) good work there. i appreciate the el glheth version.

Munditenens Tresplet

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on January 19, 2023, 04:32:04 PMI was a bit disappointed to see that my party was the only one to give any statements, to be honest. Would've been interesting to see the thought process behind some stances.

I think it was because adding statements wasn't as user friendly in the form as just simply checking Yes or No; you had to select the "Other" option, spell out whether you were yes or no, and then add your statement. Maybe in the next Talomat, the form could include an optional box below each question for a statement?

Luc, is it too late to add statements?
Munditenens Tresplet, O.SPM
Royal Governor of Péngöpäts

#KAYELLOW4EVR

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Munditenens Tresplet on January 20, 2023, 07:17:15 AMI think it was because adding statements wasn't as user friendly in the form as just simply checking Yes or No; you had to select the "Other" option, spell out whether you were yes or no, and then add your statement. Maybe in the next Talomat, the form could include an optional box below each question for a statement?

That would have been my preferred way of implementing this, but I didn't find a quick way of adding a textbox as part of the same question, that I could then spam "duplicate" on and just fill in the question's text.

QuoteLuc, is it too late to add statements?

Nope! You can just DM them to me and I'll plug them in.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Statements from DIEN have been added to Talomat!

(In case you don't see them, try directly visiting the data file path first, talomat.talossa.com/eng/config/data.json , to force-recache it. CTRL+F5 hasn't been working for me for some reason.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

C. M. Siervicül

I was torn between two options, so I turned to TaloMat to help me decide. And it gave me exactly the same score for both of them. So I guess it's pretty accurate!