CRL Committee for the 58th Cosa

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, February 04, 2023, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

El Lexhatx provides for a legislative advisory committee, el Comità da Redacziun Legislatïu.  Most meaningful bills must be submitted to this committee before they may be added to the Clark.
Quote from: Lexh.H6.4. After a legislative proposal has spent at least 10 days in the Hopper, its proposer may request that it "move to committee". No bill may be Clarked without being "moved to committee", except as provided by Lex.H.6.2 or Lex.H.6.3.
6.5. A Legislative Advisory Committee of Talossa (in Talossan, el Comità da Redacziun Legislatïu; and hereinafter, "the CRL") shall review or revise all legislative items from the Hopper once they have moved to committee; and may recommend acceptance or rejection, or suggest amendments in their best judgment.
6.5.1 The CRL shall conduct all its deliberations openly in the Hopper.
6.5.2 The CRL shall consist of the incumbent Mençéi, Túischac'h, and Avocat-Xheneral.
6.5.3. The CRL may create further committees to which their functions may be delegated, as concerns any bill or category of bills. Such a committee must have at least 3 members, including at least 1 MC and at least 1 Senator.
6.6. After the CRL has given its recommendation, or if it gives no recommendation within 30 days of the bill having passed to committee, the bill has passed the hopper and the sponsor of the bill may ask for it to be Clarked, with or without amendments.

Current members: @Luc, @Miestră Schivă, UrN , and @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu .

Submitting your bill to the CRL is as simple as posting in this thread with a link to the bill, and requesting that we take a look.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

@Lüc , maybe we can nest this forum as a subforum of the hopper? And maybe we should have new instructions (even if they're the same as these) stickied to the top?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Lüc

Is the Symbols of the Ziu Act final, or is there an external opinion still pending?

(I went ahead and created discussion threads for all other bills - I assumed this was the proper procedure, but maybe I'm wrong)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Quote from: Lüc on February 14, 2023, 04:25:09 AMIs the Symbols of the Ziu Act final, or is there an external opinion still pending?
Having heard nothing to the contrary, I'm moving forward with it.  I changed it as was recommended.

Quote from: Lüc on February 14, 2023, 04:25:09 AM(I went ahead and created discussion threads for all other bills - I assumed this was the proper procedure, but maybe I'm wrong)
You can do it however you wish!  If you want everyone to post bills in separate threads, that's 100% your prerogative.  Previously, people could just post the bill or a link to the bill in the main thread, also.  Please feel completely free to edit my "instructions" post to reflect your own preferences, or let me know and I can also just delete it.

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on February 14, 2023, 06:33:10 AM
Quote from: Lüc on February 14, 2023, 04:25:09 AM(I went ahead and created discussion threads for all other bills - I assumed this was the proper procedure, but maybe I'm wrong)
You can do it however you wish!  If you want everyone to post bills in separate threads, that's 100% your prerogative.  Previously, people could just post the bill or a link to the bill in the main thread, also.  Please feel completely free to edit my "instructions" post to reflect your own preferences, or let me know and I can also just delete it.

Yeah, I was just confused because seemingly there were both standalone threads *and* discussions in the main thread. I expect we'll discuss this later in the term, but I have no qualms with the current way of doing things.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on April 25, 2023, 04:16:35 PMEmbassy Rhymes With Coffe Act.

https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=2344.0

Should that title be "Embassy Rhymes with Coffee Act"? I have to Clark things exactly as put forth and would hate for there to be a misspelled word.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on April 25, 2023, 04:22:27 PM
Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on April 25, 2023, 04:16:35 PMEmbassy Rhymes With Coffe Act.

Should that title be "Embassy Rhymes with Coffee Act"? I have to Clark things exactly as put forth and would hate for there to be a misspelled word.
Even though I find it absolutely amusing that I wrote it wrong both times and thus it doesn't rhyme anymore, I've fixed it now. Thank you!
Fiován.

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on April 25, 2023, 04:16:35 PMEmbassy Rhymes With Coffee Act.

Might I ask you to go ahead and create a standalone thread for the bill? You can either transcribe the whole text, as Alexandreu did, or just link to it, as Üc did.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, items should only be moved to the CRL after spending 10 days in the Hopper, unless they meet certain requirements exempting this. It feels like some recent legislation has been "jumping the queue" early. The Chancery would appreciate that authors of legislation ensure a full 10 days passes before moving to committee, as specified in El. Lexh. H.6.4.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on April 27, 2023, 03:02:41 PMUnless I'm greatly mistaken, items should only be moved to the CRL after spending 10 days in the Hopper, unless they meet certain requirements exempting this. It feels like some recent legislation has been "jumping the queue" early. The Chancery would appreciate that authors of legislation ensure a full 10 days passes before moving to committee, as specified in El. Lexh. H.6.4.
I understand. I will wait until 10 days have passed since I posted the Embassy rhymes with Coffee Act in the Hopper (that's tomorrow) so I will post it again in the CRL and I will ask for approval again. Then I will post the link from the CRL into the Call for Bills for the May Clark / 58th Cosa
I've deleted my thread and comments from the CRL and this post. Thank you.
Fiován.