Previous topic - Next topic

C.d.I. Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC

I would like to nominate Magniloqueu Épiqeu da Lhiun
[div style="text-align:center;"]Cresti da Ion Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC
Attorney, National Bar of Talossa
The Well-Met Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms

Ian Plätschisch

Ok, let's get going.

Vote for either Magniloqueu Épiqeu da Lhiun or Alexandreu Davinescu for GGS.

Ian Plätschisch

I vote for Alexandreu Davinescu

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Y'know, I kinda feel like this is just partisanship with extra steps.

Does Epic know he was nominated?
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

He hasn't been active here for a few months.  I sent him an email when he was nominated.  If you have him on social or something, let him know there, too.

I vote for myself.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on July 29, 2020, 12:01:21 PM
Y'know, I kinda feel like this is just partisanship with extra steps.

Case in point:
I vote for Epic. (Does he know he was nominated?)
Are you a member of the Assembly, by the way?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on July 29, 2020, 12:35:18 PM

Oh God, I'm sorry. I'll remove my vote.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on July 29, 2020, 12:47:19 PM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on July 29, 2020, 12:35:18 PM

Oh God, I'm sorry. I'll remove my vote.
No worries!  I am thinking, by the way, that we should also look at reforming the Assembly.  This isn't the first time that a sudden rush of interest has descended on our province and some citizens have discovered they missed their chance to join provincial government.  We should maybe look at asking the M3 to contact all provincial citizens directly via the database (which is an option in el Lexh already).

C.d.I. Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 29, 2020, 11:58:39 AM
Ok, let's get going.

Vote for either Magniloqueu Épiqeu da Lhiun or Alexandreu Davinescu for GGS.
Magniloqueu Épiqeu da Lhiun gets my vote
[div style="text-align:center;"]Cresti da Ion Nouacastra-Läxhirescu, MSC
Attorney, National Bar of Talossa
The Well-Met Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms

The national election is over and it's almost time to start the 18th Convocation, so we should wrap up this vote.  I don't see how the outcome is going to change either way, since either Epic votes for me or he votes for himself and then Ian P has to break that tie.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on August 02, 2020, 01:11:46 PM
The national election is over and it's almost time to start the 18th Convocation, so we should wrap up this vote.  I don't see how the outcome is going to change either way, since either Epic votes for me or he votes for himself and then Ian P has to break that tie.
I would be a little uncomfortable ending the election before the customary two-week voting period expires unless there is broader agreement in the Assembly, even though I am not sure this Convocation of the Assembly has any more authority to conduct business now that the next one is ready to be convened.

If Epic votes for himself, I would not be in a position to break a tie (since I am no longer GGS), but the best thing to do in that situation would be to not elect a GGS in this election and try again in the 18th Convocation. We probably have to have a GGS election in the 18th Convocation anyway given the provisions of the provincial Constitution.

Okay.  Then I guess I move that this Assembly be dissolved and the new one take up business.