Estats Xhenerais - States General - Grand Session X Dissolution AND Voting

Started by Viteu, July 09, 2020, 08:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viteu

Councilors of the Tenth Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg:
In my role as Presiding Officer of this tenth Grand Session of the Estats Xehenerias, I decree the following:

Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg compels the Cunstaval to dissolve each Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais. 

Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg instructs that the Estat Xhenerais is instantly dissolved with those of the national Ziu. 

On or about June 30, 2020, His Majesty Ian Lupul issued the Writ of Dissolution for the 54th Cosa of the Kingdom of Talossa.  Having received no formal dissolution decree from the Cunstaval, it is my view that this tenth Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais was dissolved by operation of law upon the dissolution of the 54th Cosa of the Kingdom of Talossa.

Accordingly, I issue my resignation as Presiding Officer nunc pro tunc to the dissolution of the tenth Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.

In my role as Premier of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, adhering to the tradition established following the adoption of our Constitution, it falls to me to open the forum in which every citizen of the United Provinces may declare their intent to sit as a Councilor in the Eleventh Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.  As set forth in Article III, Section 4, every person seeking such seat must publicly declare the following:

I, [YOUR NAME], hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.

Only during that period of time in which the national election is taking place.  Hence, this declaration can only be made between July 15, 2020 and August 1, 2020.  Any declaration received before that cannot be counted, although I will reach out to any individual that makes an early declaration to reiterate such on the proper date. PLEASE MAKE ALL DECLARATIONS IN THIS THREAD.

In accord with the national Constitution and codified law, the senatorial seat for the United Provinces shall be decided in this election. Pursuant to the Claiming Our Autonomy Byelaw (see Byelaws 1.1), the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg invoked its organic right to choose a Senator under its own laws and without the aid of the Chancery.  Pursuant to the section 2.1 of the National Senate Election Byelaw, a prospective candidate must openly declare their intention no later than 10 days prior to the end of the last Cosa preceding an election.  On or about June 7, 2020, the Right Honorable Senator Eðo Grischun did so timely declare such intent.  No other person publicly declared their intent.  As such, Senator Grischun shall proceed to election unchallenged. 

Pursuant to Section 2.2 of the National Senate Election Byelaw, all votes for Senator must be made publicly on a sub-forum dedicated to the United Provinces on the national forum.  Thus, PLEASE RECORD YOUR VOTE FOR SENATOR, IF YOU SO CHOOSE, IN THIS THREAD. As previously noted, the votes must be recorded during the period corresponding with the national election.

It has been an honor and privilege to serve all of you, and I look forward to working with all of you and for all of your in the next Estats Xhenerais.
Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Viteu on July 09, 2020, 08:21:08 AM
... Senator Grischun shall proceed to election unchallenged ...

Even though this is the case, I am still going to campaign some and I ask my fellow Vuodeans to consider voting for me.  You may think it pointless, but I would like to be returned to the Senate with the legitimacy of a mandate to represent the province in the least. 

I look forward to sharing with you my platform and views in the coming days.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Viteu

I, Viteu Marcianüs, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.

I, Viteu Marcianüs, a citizen of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, am proud to cast my vote for Eðo Grischun to represent this great province in the Senāts.
Viteu Marcianüs

Eðo Grischun

I, Eðo Grischun, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.

I cast my vote for Eðo Grischun for the Vuodean Senate seat.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo

I, Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.

I, Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo, a proud citizen of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, am honored to cast my vote for Eðo Grischun to represent this great province in the Senāts.
Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo
The United Province of Vuode-Dandeburg
Proud Vuode-Dandeburgian

Mataiwos, ex-demurarh.

I, Mataiwos, ex-demurarh, hereby claim my right to be seated in the next Grand Session of the Estats Xhenerais.

I, Mataiwos, ex-demurarh, a proud citizen of the United Provinces of Vuode and Dandenburg, am honored to cast my vote for Eðo Grischun to represent this great province in the Senāts.

Eðo Grischun

I don't know off the top of my head when the window is supposed to open for office bearer nominations, but I nominate Councillor Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo to serve as Presiding Officer and nominate myself for the office of Premier.

I would have nominated these roles the other way around, but I would like to sit on the Council of Governors this term, so no offence meant, Chirbi.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo

None taken, S:reu Grischun. You're more capable of carrying out that role than me.

Let me take this opportunity to second the motion to nominate The Rt. Hon. Eðo Grischun as the Premier of the United Province of Vuode-Dandeburg. I also humbly accept the role of Presiding Officer of the Estate Xhenerais, a position I hope to carry out to the best of my abilities.
Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo
Proud Vuode-Dandeburgian

Viteu

Viteu Marcianüs

Eðo Grischun

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo

The motion is affirmed, via a "Viva Voce" vote. I thank all those present for confirming their selections.

That being said, I ask that those assembled today pardon my ignorance and allow me to confirm if the forthcoming session of the Estats Xhenerais is indeed the 11th Grand Session. I regret that I have been out of bounds for most of the time and, now that I have been given the task to lead the provincial assembly, I want to try my very best to put some order in the house (pun intended.) I shall create a new thread once this is cleared up.

Among the things I would like to tackle on the forthcoming grand session are amendments and/or revisions to "The Parishes and Townships Decree;" particularly, the inclusion of a Local Government Code for the province. It would be nice to see a well-defined leadership structure put in place (although, if this has already been instituted, I would very much like to acquaint myself with it.)

I would also like to humbly propose models for both the building that will house the Estats Xhenerais and the "Chancellery," the residence of the Premier; which may be prominently posted on the province's Wiki page, as well as all official correspondences coming from the province. For the former, I propose the old Philamlife Building - a masterpiece of mid-century architecture - along United Nations Avenue here in the pats domeu (https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d7e3852753baead03530340d5a9e139f/Philam-Life-Building-Manila). For the latter, I propose Villa Paciencia, the residence of former Philippine President Jose P. Laurel along Shaw Boulevard - also here in the pats domeu - which I believe befits the role that we - if the assembly will permit - will bestow upon it (https://marilil.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/ga-jan-31-2009-018.jpg).

I have many other things in mind, but those two things are - in my opinion - the more pressing concerns. I hope to make a more detailed outline in the coming days.

Once again, I thank those who are assembled here today for their trust and confidence in me. I hope I will not be found wanting.
Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo
Proud Vuode-Dandeburgian

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo on August 10, 2020, 01:15:04 AM
The motion is affirmed, via a "Viva Voce" vote. I thank all those present for confirming their selections.

That being said, I ask that those assembled today pardon my ignorance and allow me to confirm if the forthcoming session of the Estats Xhenerais is indeed the 11th Grand Session. I regret that I have been out of bounds for most of the time and, now that I have been given the task to lead the provincial assembly, I want to try my very best to put some order in the house (pun intended.) I shall create a new thread once this is cleared up.

Among the things I would like to tackle on the forthcoming grand session are amendments and/or revisions to "The Parishes and Townships Decree;" particularly, the inclusion of a Local Government Code for the province. It would be nice to see a well-defined leadership structure put in place (although, if this has already been instituted, I would very much like to acquaint myself with it.)

I would also like to humbly propose models for both the building that will house the Estats Xhenerais and the "Chancellery," the residence of the Premier; which may be prominently posted on the province's Wiki page, as well as all official correspondences coming from the province. For the former, I propose the old Philamlife Building - a masterpiece of mid-century architecture - along United Nations Avenue here in the pats domeu (https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/d7e3852753baead03530340d5a9e139f/Philam-Life-Building-Manila). For the latter, I propose Villa Paciencia, the residence of former Philippine President Jose P. Laurel along Shaw Boulevard - also here in the pats domeu - which I believe befits the role that we - if the assembly will permit - will bestow upon it (https://marilil.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/ga-jan-31-2009-018.jpg).

I have many other things in mind, but those two things are - in my opinion - the more pressing concerns. I hope to make a more detailed outline in the coming days.

Once again, I thank those who are assembled here today for their trust and confidence in me. I hope I will not be found wanting.

We are, indeed, entering the 11th (XI) session: http://wiki.talossa.com/Estats_Xhenerais_(Vuode)
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo

Chirbi Scherpa-Carriedo
Proud Vuode-Dandeburgian

Eðo Grischun

Technically and legally it begins when the National Cosa begins. 

Technically and legally the above nominations and votes shouldn't have happened yet, but unless anybody is going to take it to Court to contest the actions then, well, whatever.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode