News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Caution: Election results ahead!

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., August 01, 2020, 07:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

In about 30 minutes, the database will reveal the preliminary results of the elections here: http://www.talossa.ca/files/election_result.php

Keep in mind that these are preliminary results. There is always a chance that the result could still change before certification.

Also, the database will only post the raw senate votes. The calculations may in some case be quite complicated. I will likely post the full senate calculations on witt somewhere in the coming days. Of course, using the information in the database anyone can theoretically figure out who won.

Somewhere in the coming days (probably tuesday) I will contact the Electoral Commission about certification. This could then still take a while. The deadline (I think) is 14 days after the election results. It is possible they will be certified earlier, but please don't assume this will be the case. Patience is key here.

As for now: enjoy election night!
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Party - Votes - Rounded Result of Seats
FREEDEMS - 46   - 99
LCC - 34 - 73
NPW - 13 -28

PRESENT - 12         

All referenda pass.  Can't actual ever recall a referendum failing, actually.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

From my very quick count if Sir XPB had voted for himself (or if S;reu Tamoran hadn't), he'd have won, but now it's probably the other way round. (This post is not the actual preliminary result obviously, too tired to post those today)

Breneir Tzaracomprada

FreeDems came within a hair's breadth of majority. LCC did quite well in the provinces (at least the ones I can see were run by the Chancery).

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on August 01, 2020, 07:31:24 PM

It probably helped that no party (or monarch) bothered to submit opposing ballot statements to any of them. Less active voters will only have seen the supporting argument on the ballot.

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on August 01, 2020, 07:43:57 PM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on August 01, 2020, 07:31:24 PM

It probably helped that no party (or monarch) bothered to submit opposing ballot statements to any of them. Less active voters will only have seen the supporting argument on the ballot.
True!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Anyway, congratulations to the winning senate candidates, the FreeDems for gaining seats and remaining the largest party, the LCC for a very strong debut, the NPW for gaining seats as well, and to all the sponsors of the various amendments.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on August 01, 2020, 07:37:16 PM
From my very quick count if Sir XPB had voted for himself (or if S;reu Tamoran hadn't), he'd have won, but now it's probably the other way round. (This post is not the actual preliminary result obviously, too tired to post those today)

My count is, on first preferences: Tamorán 7, Briga 5, Cjantscheir 1, da Bitoûr 1.
After preferences: Tamoran 7, Briga 6, 1 exhausted ballot.

Yes, Pol Briga did vote himself out of a Senäts seat  :o

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on August 01, 2020, 07:43:57 PM

One Free Democrat voters, who's not so active, was quite distressed at this. He's a fair minded soul and would have appreciated seeing the other side of the argument. He suggested that, in the absence of an opposing statement, a link to a relevant Witt thread might be included, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. On the other hand, Cresti's mailout to the ex-RUMP calling for blanket CONTRĂ votes seems to have been followed. (What did Cresti have against the Amada Merþedes bill, given that the King himself supported it? It is a mystery)

As to failed referendums, there was the one on the F-F merger, although of course that was only 2 provinces.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Last Cosa in votes it was:
AMP   18
FREEDEMS 33
MTGA 2
NPW   6
PNP   10         
ZPT   10

This Cosa:
FREEDEMS 46
LCC   34
NPW   13

Ian Plätschisch

I am truly honored that the centrists and conservatives of Talossa took a stand and put their confidence in the LCC. Monarchists are still a force to be reckoned with in this Kingdom!

Thank you to everyone who campaigned for us and voted for us, and thank you to the Secretary of State for, as always, making sure the election actually happened.

Congratulations to the FreeDems and NPW for improving their result and making this a well-fought election.

C. M. Siervicül

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on August 01, 2020, 10:27:01 PM
What did Cresti have against the Amada Merþedes bill, given that the King himself supported it?
It's a mystery if you think my political views can be summed up by simply asking "what would King John do?"  ;)

The original amendment allowing senators to be elected before they could vote was (IIRC) introduced by Fritz but drafted by King (then SoS) John. During the discussion of that bill, I asked about the intent behind it. John said at the time that the intent behind the bill was to allow a province to elect a senator who would shortly be able to vote, or concurrently with petitioning the King for a knighthood for the new senator. He didn't actually say what would happen if a province elected a senator who wouldn't be able to vote for a long time, but my guess is if I had followed up about that possibility he would have said no one would be stupid enough to do such a thing.

I voted against the amendment way back then because I didn't agree with electing or appointing senators who would not be eligible to perform the duties of their office, so I think I'm consistent in not wanting to make that situation worse today. Counting nonvotes against the senator as Glüc interpreted the law puts a natural limit on how long someone can serve without being able to vote, and I agree with his interpretation.

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on August 01, 2020, 07:37:16 PM

A typical honorable action is to vote for one's opponent, which is what I did.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

I'm starting to get concerned that there has been no action with the EC and certifying the election on time.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal