News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Sénéchal election

Started by Tierçéu Rôibeardescù, August 19, 2020, 02:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Within two weeks we are constitutionally obligated to hold the election of the office of Sénéchal of the i'Etats are we not?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on August 19, 2020, 02:47:40 PM
Within two weeks we are constitutionally obligated to hold the election of the office of Sénéchal of the i'Etats are we not?

l'Etats should meet to elect a Sénéchal as well as to discuss our holding our own elections rather than relying on the Chancery.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Thor Deyaert is the current Sénéchal as per the wiki, however we should have had an election since then as that was 2018.

Constitution of Cézembre

Article 10. L'Etats shall have power to pass any bill into law by a simple majority vote of its Voting Members. Le Sénéchal shall send out a notification of voting period, of at least seven days. Each member shall have a prescribed amount of time in which to cast his vote (by email, telephone or forum post) before voting closes.

Chapter III- Le Sénéchal
Article 11. Le Sénéchal shall be the elected leader of Cezembre. Le Sénéchal shall have the power to issue proclamations which have the force of law. These proclamations may be appealed or amended as regular laws. These proclamations may not act as acts of attainders or any activity prohibited by the Organic Law (with regards to Prime Dictats). These proclamations must be counter-signed by the Governor-General (or the King, in case of, by lack of appointment or by long-term absence, a Governor-General).

Article 12. The Sénéchal may appoint a deputy Sénéchal. The deputy may act in name of the Sénéchal when instructed by the Sénéchal to do so or whenever the Sénéchal is absent for a long period, in which case all duties of the Sénéchal will be temporarily taken over by the deputy.

Article 13. A Sénéchal shall be elected, by the citizens of Cezembre, in an election conducted by the Sénéchal or his appointed agent, in the event there is no incumbent Sénéchal or the Sénéchal is inactive for more than a week, the Governor-General or his appointed agent. All citizens of Cézembre have the right to vote and/or be a candidate in this election.

Article 14. Elections as described by article 10 will take, no less and no longer than 3 weeks. Cézembrians must announce their candidacy in the first week of the election and polls shall open on the first day of the 2nd week and close on the last day of the third week.

Article 15. Elections, as described in articles 10 and 11 will start no earlier than one week and no later than two weeks after the election deadline of Talossan general elections or after a resolution has been approved by a majority of the l'Etats de Cézembre removing the previous Sénéchal or should the Sénéchal, resign, die or be unable to fulfill his duties for any reason."

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

A week has passed, Obviously Thor is unavailable (as we did not a Sénéchal for the last year) and I would like to ask the governor-general  Sir Cresti Siervicül to run the election in his sted.

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Well there was some sort of election last year in which we elected Dame Litz Cjantscheir. Sadly, she has been unavailable as well.

I guess I can run the election if needed, but either Dame Litz or Sir Cresti would have to appoint me to do so.

@Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN  @C. M. Siervicül
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on September 04, 2020, 04:42:13 PM
Well there was some sort of election last year in which we elected Dame Litz Cjantscheir. Sadly, she has been unavailable as well.

I guess I can run the election if needed, but either Dame Litz or Sir Cresti would have to appoint me to do so.

@Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN  @C. M. Siervicül

Hear Hear!  This will help to overcome inertia, or if that appointment is not forthcoming, then perhaps we can petition the King.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

This doesn't appear to be a particularly elegant system...   

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

At this stage we may have to ask the king  : 8)

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Acting as regent for the crown, I hereby wish to act in the stead of Cézembre's governor and appoint on behalf of His Majesty King John the following officer, and do bid him to perform his duty to the Organic Law and the nation to the best of his ability:

Glüc da Dhi S.H. as the appointed agent of the crown for the purposes of running the election of the Sénéchal of Cézembre in the upcoming election.

I make this appointment upon the request of @xpb for intervention in this difficulty and upon discovering that @Glüc da Dhi S.H. earlier expressed such a willingness to serve, and with apologies for the delay.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on October 17, 2020, 10:11:37 PM
Acting as regent for the crown, I hereby wish to act in the stead of Cézembre's governor and appoint on behalf of His Majesty King John the following officer, and do bid him to perform his duty to the Organic Law and the nation to the best of his ability:

Glüc da Dhi S.H. as the appointed agent of the crown for the purposes of running the election of the Sénéchal of Cézembre in the upcoming election.

I make this appointment upon the request of @xpb for intervention in this difficulty and upon discovering that @Glüc da Dhi S.H. earlier expressed such a willingness to serve, and with apologies for the delay.

HUZZAH!

xpb

xpb

Quote from: xpb on October 21, 2020, 10:42:01 PM
Lets have an election !

As per
Article 13. A Sénéchal shall be elected, by the citizens of Cezembre, in an election conducted by the Sénéchal or his appointed agent, in the event there is no incumbent Sénéchal or the Sénéchal is inactive for more than a week, the Governor-General or his appointed agent. All citizens of Cézembre have the right to vote and/or be a candidate in this election.

@Glüc da Dhi S.H.
I hereby register my candidacy for the position of Sénéchal of Cézembre

Eðo Grischun

Pardon the intrusion.

When does the province anticipate this election to conclude? I'm just wondering whether to wait re: council of governors.

(Another option would be that I appoint Gluc to sit on the council as an interim member, who can then be replaced by whomever becomes Seneschal later)
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 31, 2020, 04:50:32 AM
Pardon the intrusion.

When does the province anticipate this election to conclude? I'm just wondering whether to wait re: council of governors.

(Another option would be that I appoint Gluc to sit on the council as an interim member, who can then be replaced by whomever becomes Seneschal later)
our governor is Sir Christi I believe, Seneschal is different no?

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on October 31, 2020, 01:20:19 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 31, 2020, 04:50:32 AM
Pardon the intrusion.

our governor is Sir Christi I believe, Seneschal is different no?

Sir Cresti is Governor, but as in Cunstaval, aye?

The bit of law covering this says the CoG is "comprised of each provincial executive, whether he or she is called "Governor" or not".

The Head of Executive in Cezembre would be your Seneschal. 

"Council of Governors" is actually named pretty badly.  It should probably just get called the Council of Executives, but it's name doesn't matter that much since the law defines its composition anyway.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode