Nimlet Session XVII (Sep 2020-May 2021)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 01, 2020, 08:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Açafat del Val

(Small PSA to anyone who just read my Nimlet vote and thought, "Why does this bastard have time for the Nimlet but not for me and the messages that I have sent him over two weeks?": I have scheduled 5 hours on Sunday to catch up on everything Talossan, continue movement on several projects, and carry on my other official duties. This Nimlet vote has a hard deadline that I did not want to miss. I will respond to everyone/everything on Sunday!)
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Açafat del Val on November 05, 2020, 04:48:06 PM
I think you may have made a typo, sir. You voted on 2020-07 twice. You probably meant to vote PER on 2020-08?

I'd like to be a pedant and finagle with the wording of 2020-08, more so that it conforms with the same style/voice of other areas, but it's probably fine all the same.

I vote PER on 2020-07, and abstain on 2020-08.

Indeed I did. I have corrected the typo. Thanks.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-07. It has passed with 10 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-07 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, November 22, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on November 07, 2020, 09:04:08 AM
Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-07. It has passed with 10 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-07 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, November 22, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Com'el rexhaint per la Coronă, aprovéu acest proxhect da legeu.

Acting on behalf of the crown, I hereby issue my approval in the name of King John acting in the person of his cunstaval for the resolution in question, and thank the Nimlet for its good service.

—  Sir Alexandreu, Rexhaint d'Ian Regeu
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-08. It has passed with 8 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition, 2 abstentions.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-08 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, December 4, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on November 19, 2020, 11:25:20 AM
Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-08. It has passed with 8 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition, 2 abstentions.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-08 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, December 4, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Com'el rexhaint per la Coronă, aprovéu acest proxhect da legeu.

Acting on behalf of the crown, I hereby issue my approval in the name of King John acting in the person of his cunstaval for the resolution in question, and thank the Nimlet for its good service.

—  Sir Alexandreu, Rexhaint d'Ian Regeu
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-09

WHEREAS, there is a constant need for the updating of Florencia's information on the Kingdom's official website and TalossaWIKI, and

WHEREAS, there are some Florencians who may not frequent Wittenberg—or the above-mentioned sites—as much as others necessitating the need for alternative forms of informing them on provincial activities.

THEREFORE the Governor or someone appointed by the Governor shall be responsible for drafting and disseminating an Annual Government Gazette consisting of the following information via email in cooperation with the Chancery:
1) all provincial legislation approved in the session immediately preceding (and of the current session) the Gazette's publishing, and
2) a list of all members and their party affiliation in the House of Shepherds, and
3) a list of current provincial officials (Governor, Senator, and Constable).

The period of review will close at 9:00AM TST on December 5th, 2020.

Submitted by Breneir Itravilatx
Governor of Florencia
Member, House of Shepherds

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The period of review has now closed on Resolution 2020-09.
We now move forward to voting.
Voting will close at 9:00AM TST on December 20th, 2020.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-10

Constitutional Amendment on Article VI, Section 2 (Resolutions of the Nimlet)

Whereas, it is common for the right to introduce legislation to be restricted to actual members of that legislative body, and

Therefore, Article IV, Section 2 of the Florencian constitution which currently reads:

QuoteSection 2. Resolutions of the Nimlet.
All legislative measures of Florencia having the effect of statute or bearing the force of the law shall be made and passed by the Nimlet only in the form of a resolution. The right to introduce a resolution of the Nimlet shall be reserved exclusively to the Constable and to the members of the House of Shepherds, and all such resolutions shall be introduced solely in the House of Shepherds for their consideration.

is amended to read:

QuoteSection 2. Resolutions of the Nimlet.
All legislative measures of Florencia having the effect of statute or bearing the force of the law shall be made and passed by the Nimlet only in the form of a resolution. The right to introduce a resolution of the Nimlet shall be reserved exclusively to members of the House of Shepherds, and all such resolutions shall be introduced solely in the House of Shepherds for their consideration.

The period of review will close at 9:00AM TST on December 27th, 2020.

Governor of Florencia

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-09. It has passed with 8 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-09 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, December 28, 2020. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I rise to resubmit this petition to the Sovereign @King John and his Regent @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on September 17, 2020, 02:12:20 PM
I rise to submit a petition to the Talossan Sovereign, @King John

Article III, Section 1 of the Constitution of Florencia reads as follows:

QuoteSection 1. The Constable.

The Sovereign of Talossa is represented in the province and attends to provincial affairs through a Constable, or in Talossan "Cunstavál", who shall be appointed in accordance with the Organic Law.

If the office of the Constable be ever vacant or generally unattended, the Governor shall petition without delay that the Sovereign appoint a new Constable and shall repeat this petition so often as may be necessary to effectuate the appointment.

The Sovereign shall assume all powers and duties of the Constable while the latter office be vacant.

The position of Constable is currently vacant and this petition is submitted as an early effort to ensure we have an active and cooperative relationship between the Sovereign and Florencia's provincial government.

Therefore, as Governor, I officially petition @King John to appoint a new Constable.

This is the first submission of this petition to the Sovereign.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx
Governor of Florencia

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-11

Constitutional amendment on Article III, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution

Whereas, this resolution is intended to amend the Florencian Constitution so that the Governor may resign some seats while remaining a member of the House of Shepherds and therefore continue as Governor.

Therefore, Article III, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution which currently reads:

QuoteSection 6. The Governor.
The executive powers of the province shall be vested in a singular Governor, or in Talossan "Governadéir", who shall:
(a) Be the presiding officer of the House of Shepherds, and have by right of such office one mandatory and equal seat there;
(b) Resolve all parliamentary questions in the House of Shepherds, and take care that their business be undertaken in good and honorable manner;
(c) Keep and make publicly available the text of all laws of Florencia, in conjunction with the Scribery of Talossa;
(d) Take care that the laws of Talossa and Florencia be enforced faithfully; and
(e) Represent the province in any and all judicial actions to which it be a party.
He may declare the continuation of the current Nimlet through any single General Election whenever the same be occasioned by the premature dissolution of a Cosa, but only if such declaration be made within one week of the aforesaid dissolution; and no such continuation may be made for two consecutive General Elections. If the Governor choose to vacate any seat which he may hold in the House of Shepherds, the same shall be construed as resignation from the office of Governor.

is amended to read:

QuoteSection 6. The Governor.
The executive powers of the province shall be vested in a singular Governor, or in Talossan "Governadéir", who shall:
(a) Be the presiding officer of the House of Shepherds, and have by right of such office one mandatory and equal seat there;
(b) Resolve all parliamentary questions in the House of Shepherds, and take care that their business be undertaken in good and honorable manner;
(c) Keep and make publicly available the text of all laws of Florencia, in conjunction with the Scribery of Talossa;
(d) Take care that the laws of Talossa and Florencia be enforced faithfully; and
(e) Represent the province in any and all judicial actions to which it be a party.
He may declare the continuation of the current Nimlet through any single General Election whenever the same be occasioned by the premature dissolution of a Cosa, but only if such declaration be made within one week of the aforesaid dissolution; and no such continuation may be made for two consecutive General Elections. If the Governor chooses to vacate all seats which he may hold in the House of Shepherds, thus no longer being a member of the House of Shepherds, the same shall be construed as resignation from the office of Governor.

The period of review will close at 9:00AM TST on January 3rd, 2021.

Governor of Florencia

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The period of review has now closed on Resolution 2020-10.
We now move forward to voting.
Voting will close at 9:00AM TST on January 4th, 2021.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight