Nimlet Session XVII (Sep 2020-May 2021)

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, September 01, 2020, 08:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Seeing that second consideration of Resolution 2020-10 has been voted on by all members of the House of Shepherds I make a request under Article IV, Section 3 of our province's Constitution that the voting period be terminated early.

If there is no objection, voting will close early at 6:00AM TST January 12th, 2021.

Is there objection to closing the voting period early?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I was hoping to have a conversation about the bill rather than just an identical revote.  It is unchanged from the version that the Crown was forced to veto.

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on December 31, 2020, 01:49:55 PM
So as I read this, the general idea is that only members of the legislature should be allowed to introduce legislation, and the impetus is based on a general principle along those lines? Is that something you feel strongly about?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Seeing that 24 hours has passed without an objection, voting is terminated early for second consideration of Resolution 2020-10.
Resolution 2020-10 is approved by a vote of 8 votes in favor, 2 votes in opposition.

Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution reads as follows concerning the approval of resolutions vetoed by the Constable:
QuoteIf the Constable disapprove a resolution presented by the Governor, then the former shall return it to the consideration of the Shepherds with his objections in writing: and if the same resolution should earn again at least twice as many affirmative votes as negative, not later than the seventeenth day following its return, the Governor shall close the question and promulgate the resolution forthwith, and it shall take effect then; or else he shall close the question and declare it failed, albeit not rejected.

I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby note that Resolution 2020-10 has indeed been approved by more than twice as many affirmative votes as negative votes before the seventeenth day of being returned to the House of Shepherds.
Therefore, the veto is overturned. Resolution 2020-10 is promulgated with immediate effect.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-11. It has passed with 8 votes in favor, 2 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-11 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, January 22, 2021. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

The Crown vetoed the last bill which was submitted for consideration, requesting to discuss it.  It would have seemed a matter of basic courtesy to at least acknowledge and reply to my concerns.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The period for consideration by the Constable or King has now closed on Resolution 2020-11. I note there has been no response from @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu (the responsible party since the office of Constable is vacant).
Therefore, Resolution 2020-11 is deemed approved.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Resolution 2020-12

Whereas, the House of Shepherds recently learned of the passing of Art Verbotten, and

Whereas, Verbotten, who resided in the Florencia canton of Benito, declared the secession of the canton, citing the existence of a different Cestour culture and character in Florencia than in northern Benito, and

Whereas, a brief struggle ensured with opponents of secession, Florencia was then declared Talossa's sixth province on 1 September 1996/XVII, the date of the promulgation of Florencia's first constitution by Verbotten, and

Whereas, Verbotten then became Florencia's first Governor, and

Whereas, Art Verbotten can be considered the pivotal figure in the history of Florencia and is therefore a more than fitting recipient of the Order of Florencia.

Therefore, be it resolved, that:

The late Art Verbotten is posthumously enrolled into the Order of Florencia with immediate effect.

The period of review will close at 9:00AM TST on February 5th, 2021.

Submitted by Breneir Itravilatx
Governor of Florencia
Member, House of Shepherds

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The period of review has now closed on Resolution 2020-12.
We now move forward to voting.
Voting will close at 9:00AM TST on February 20th, 2021.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Voting has now closed on Resolution 2020-12. It has passed with 8 votes in favor, 0 votes in opposition.

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 6 of the Florencian Constitution I, Breneir Itravilatx, Governor of Florencia, do hereby place my signature for Resolution 2020-12 as duly approved by a vote of the current session of the House of Shepherds.

I send this Resolution for consideration to our Regent since the office of Constable is currently vacant. @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu please advise on your consideration of this Resolution. The deadline for Constable Consideration is 9:00am TST, February 28, 2021. Should the Constable fail to issue an Approval or Veto of the Resolution it will be considered approved.

/s/
Breneir Itravilatx

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

The period for consideration by the Constable or King has now closed on Resolution 2020-12.
I note there has been no response from @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu (the responsible party since the office of Constable is vacant).
Therefore, Resolution 2020-12 is deemed approved.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight