News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Calling Council of Governors

Started by Eðo Grischun, September 12, 2020, 09:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eðo Grischun

Cezembre: 

(i) @C.M. Siervicül, I believe you are still Cunstaval of this province.  Would it be possible for you to appoint an executive officer to fill CZ's seat?

(ii) @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu - If I am incorrect about who Cezembre's Cunstaval is, and/or their Cunstaval is officium defuit, would it be possible for you, as Regent, to appoint a new Cunstaval, to in turn appoint an executive?
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 14, 2020, 11:02:54 PM
Maritiimi-Maxhestic:  @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu, am I correct to assume that as GGS of M-M you will be filling the M-M seat on this council?
What is the council for?  I don't know much about it.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 14, 2020, 11:14:55 PM
Cezembre: 

(i) @C.M. Siervicül, I believe you are still Cunstaval of this province.  Would it be possible for you to appoint an executive officer to fill CZ's seat?

(ii) @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu - If I am incorrect about who Cezembre's Cunstaval is, and/or their Cunstaval is officium defuit, would it be possible for you, as Regent, to appoint a new Cunstaval, to in turn appoint an executive?
I cannot commit to making such appointments at this time, but I will work on the matter.  I'll let you know as soon as I do.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on October 14, 2020, 11:33:01 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 14, 2020, 11:14:55 PM
Cezembre: 

I cannot commit to making such appointments at this time, but I will work on the matter.  I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Thank you.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on October 14, 2020, 11:32:21 PM
Maritiimi-Maxhestic:  @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu, am I correct to assume that as GGS of M-M you will be filling the M-M seat on this council?

LEX.D.9 has everything on the Council there is to know, which isn't much, admittedly.  The Interior Minister has a statutory obligation to call the Council to order by the first day of the first Clark and it is composed of the executive officer (be that a Governor, a Premier, a Seneschal, etc.) of each province.  LEX doesn't actually go as far as to say what it's actual purpose is or what it's mission is supposed to be, just that it needs to exist.  It can basically operate in whichever way it likes once it has formed, but I have generally assumed its remit is to discuss intra-provincial matters.

If you are the M-M executive then I would need for you to accept your seat by the end of this month, otherwise I have the power to name any M-M citizen to fill it in place of an absent executive.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 14, 2020, 11:49:23 PM

LEX.D.9 has everything on the Council there is to know, which isn't much, admittedly.  The Interior Minister has a statutory obligation to call the Council to order by the first day of the first Clark and it is composed of the executive officer (be that a Governor, a Premier, a Seneschal, etc.) of each province.  LEX doesn't actually go as far as to say what it's actual purpose is or what it's mission is supposed to be, just that it needs to exist.  It can basically operate in whichever way it likes once it has formed, but I have generally assumed its remit is to discuss intra-provincial matters.

If you are the M-M executive then I would need for you to accept your seat by the end of this month, otherwise I have the power to name any M-M citizen to fill it in place of an absent executive.
Well then, I accept this great responsibility.

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on October 14, 2020, 11:59:04 PM
Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 14, 2020, 11:49:23 PM

Well then, I accept this great responsibility.

Roll call updated.  Thanks.

So, it's just Cezembre outstanding then.  If the exec office hasn't been filled by the deadline then I guess I'll take a look through the sub-forum and just appoint whoever appears to be the most active Cezembrean on a provincial level.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Following Cezembre's election of its Seneschal, we now have a full roster. 

We move to nominations for committee chair.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

I do not second the motion, and offer a contrary one: I move that we adjourn.  The statutory obligation is met and there's no need to nominate and elect someone to do literally nothing.

Eðo Grischun

That's particularly defeatist.  How about we at least try? There are quite a few highly active people on the membership this term. It is possible that something fruitful ends up coming of it. 

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I certainly hope that something does come from it and I oppose the suggestion from Maritiimi-Maxhestic. I have an allergy to "legal box-ticking exercises". That said, I wonder whether the Minister has any conception of what might come from it? Are we going to discuss mergers again, or anything like that?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Maricopa seconds the motion to nominate a Committee Chair.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Eðo Grischun

I'm hoping that after we elect the Chair that we will then all have a chance to put suggestions forward for an agenda.

(but, aye.  I'm looking forward to a vigorous discussion on mergers, particularly Vuode and MM).
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Discussion of mergers between provinces would seem to be between those provinces. If two provinces want to merge, then what business is it of the others? No one from Vuode has approached the 18th Convocation about a merger, if that's something your province wants.

It seems like the only conceivable purpose for this body would be as a vehicle for provincial pushback against an encroachment of the Ziu, but that doesn't seem likely.

Barring that, if something is a national issue, why discuss it here rather than among the people elected to handle national matters in the Ziu?

Regardless, I withdraw my motion and the Government can proceed.

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on November 26, 2020, 04:36:38 PM
Discussion of mergers between provinces would seem to be between those provinces. If two provinces want to merge, then what business is it of the others? No one from Vuode has approached the 18th Convocation about a merger, if that's something your province wants.

It seems like the only conceivable purpose for this body would be as a vehicle for provincial pushback against an encroachment of the Ziu, but that doesn't seem likely.

Barring that, if something is a national issue, why discuss it here rather than among the people elected to handle national matters in the Ziu?

Regardless, I withdraw my motion and the Government can proceed.

The government has nothing to do with this.  Yeah, "many hats" are at play, but let's not get the legal statuses confused here.  This is not a governmental project, nor is it a national initiative for the Ziu to get involved with. This is a meeting of the provincial executives (somewhat similar to COSLA (convention of local authorities), here in Scotland, but not exactly).

The purpose of this committee, as far as I gather, is that it acts as a think tank for inter-provincial matters and its members act as liaisons between their local assemblies and the other provinces and, if required, the national institutions.  I don't know...but, this seems like the perfect place for two provinces to begin discussions on mergers.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode