News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

D&D

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, September 19, 2020, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 26, 2020, 11:17:49 AM
Okay, so we have Ian, Istefan, Nick, and Adam.  Anyone else?  Last call to get in on this.  Tonight I'm going to put together the adventure, so you have until then.

ME?!
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on September 27, 2020, 08:11:00 AM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 26, 2020, 11:17:49 AM
Okay, so we have Ian, Istefan, Nick, and Adam.  Anyone else?  Last call to get in on this.  Tonight I'm going to put together the adventure, so you have until then.

ME?!
Yes, sorry, you also are on my list 😁!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

NRB

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 26, 2020, 09:33:56 PM
What week night this week will work well for everybody?

I am free every week evening - I mostly work remote nowadays.

I can't do Tuesday or Wednesday, myself, but I can do any other weeknight after 8:00 EST.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

@Adam Grigoriu I'm going to assume you are dropping out, since you still haven't made a character.  If you change your mind before the first session and have the time to do this, let me know!

NRB

btw I am assuming the one-shot is a weekday here and the actual game is weekend evenings? But perhaps I am wrong.

ANYWAY I do often go into the office on Mondays to download backups. Depending on traffic it can take me between 30 and 90 minutes or so to get home. Since a lot of people are teleworking these days it's usually on the lower end of that, but there are days I do not leave the office until 6ish. So on a really, really bad day on Monday I might not be home until 7:30pm. We are looking at places closer to my office though, so hopefully this will change soon.

Wednesday nights aren't always great because I have a union meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.

When COVID is over, I will be 50% remote again, and my days at home are Tuesday, Thursday, & every other Friday.

Ian Plätschisch

Thursday would be best for me.

NRB

Also I read somewhere that apparently I have to communicate with a Talossan resident on a platform other than this forum, so I will be using all of you to support me for citizenship - even if you hate me after we meet and we talk to one other, you still must support me. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Thursday evening it is, tentatively, at 8:00 pm.  I'll put up a Zoom meeting link when the time comes, and I anticipate it lasting somewhere between ten minutes (for Istefan) and an hour (for new players).  You don't have to learn many of the game mechanics or you don't have to buy any books (although if you enjoy D&D, you should eventually get yourself a hard copy of the 5th Edition Player's Handbook).

Nick, the one-shot is the actual game -- it will actually probably be two or three sessions, but it's just going to be this short adventure rather than a sustained campaign.  I don't want to commit to something large-scale with (a) people I've never played with before and (b) only 36 days to go for a rather big project of mine.  I'll be happy to support your bid for citizenship in terms of the extraTalossan contact, though, since I think it's pretty clear you're just a bit of a troll sometimes and you have no plans to actually try to hurt the country in some sort of antidemocratic way.

NRB

I got a question - you know how people can access Zoom through the website and not through actually having Zoom on the computer? Will I be able to do this for the game?

If not it's fine, I just need to know so I can roll up another virtual machine and install Zoom on it.

Yes, that should be fine, assuming your machine and bandwidth are up to it. If you're talking about a virtual machine then you're probably running a Linux box anyway so those worries probably don't apply to you.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 27, 2020, 05:53:35 PM
Thursday evening it is, tentatively, at 8:00 pm. 

Is that Talossa standard time?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Session Zero will start in 25 mins here: -link deleted now we're done-

Txosue, you still interested?  Don't know if you forgot we were doing this.