News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[FINANCE] Wisconsin Registered Agent

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, September 21, 2020, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

It has long been my personal belief that Talossa's assets (financial and digital, in particular) should be protected in some way by macronational law, for preference, by the law of our neighbour, the State of Wisconsin. Right now, our website and most of our domain names are "technically" in the name of the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue, while kingdomoftalossa.net is in the name of the King.  Agents of the elected Government have all the passwords to the above. This is okay, assuming good will on all sides (and MinSTUFF is currently preparing law to make sure that non-political officials also have these passwords, to ensure continuity should there be a change of government).

But there has been discussion about whether a recurrence of the events of June 2004 - when national assets were appropriated by "rebels" in a Talossan power struggle - could ever happen again.  I would like that to become impossible - that if some reprobate were to attempt a Bloody Take Over, we could take them to macronational law, rather than, I don't know, sending a Zuav assassination squad out.

Anyway, it is my belief that the best way to stop this happening is for Talossa to have some kind of "personality" in Wisconsin law. I am informed by cxhn. @Dien Tresplet as follows:

QuoteThere  is an Unincorporated Association document for Talossa appointing a  Registered Agent on file with the Wisconsin SoS right now, and UAs can  have bank accounts and hold property provided the document exists. The  Registered Agent either needs to be changed to a Talossan currently  living in WI or else we need to pay a corporate Registered Agent. But we  don't necessarily have to undertake the process of incorporation.

So, in summary:

- the Government intends to appoint a Registered Agent to hold the bank accounts and website registration of the Kingdom under macronational law.
- this Agent needs to be a resident of Wisconsin (preferably the GTA, of course!). If we can't find a Talossan citizen, we'd have to pay for a professional Registered Agent, which would be on the order of dozens of $US a year; not impossible but definitely requiring a substantial increase in the national budget.

In summary, then: which citizens are residents of Wisconsin and might be interested in this responsibility?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Looks like a bunch of tumbleweeds blowing past.

It looks as if the Government will have to look into the feasibility of getting a paid Registered Agent, if we decide to go this route.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan