Possible bug with verifying wiki accounts

Started by Adam Grigoriu, September 13, 2020, 12:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Grigoriu

While attempting to verify my email address on the wiki, the wiki, Wittenberg, and the talossa.com main site all went down for ~5 minutes or so, throwing a 508 "resource limit is reached" error code.

Not sure if that was purely on my end, but I figured I'd pass it on. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing out of the ordinary happening with my local network, and my connection to the wider Internet was unaffected.

Never thought I'd utter the phrase "Oh **** I broke the country", anyway...
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Adam Grigoriu on September 13, 2020, 12:20:37 AM
While attempting to verify my email address on the wiki, the wiki, Wittenberg, and the talossa.com main site all went down for ~5 minutes or so, throwing a 508 "resource limit is reached" error code.

Not sure if that was purely on my end, but I figured I'd pass it on. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing out of the ordinary happening with my local network, and my connection to the wider Internet was unaffected.

Breaking the national web space is a triple felony under our laws. The Zuavs will be there to arrest you soon. Do not resist or they will be forced to use the bedposts.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Adam Grigoriu on September 13, 2020, 12:20:37 AM

This particular error pops up now and again.  It's something on the webhost end that goes wrong, but nothing to worry about, although it can be inconvenient.  Cabinet has raised the question about maybe switching webhosts.

The only thing to do when it happens is try again later with whatever you were trying to do.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 13, 2020, 08:03:36 AM
Breaking the national web space is a triple felony under our laws. The Zuavs will be there to arrest you soon. Do not resist or they will be forced to use the bedposts.

Bedposts? for what?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Dr. Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, Esq., O.SPM, SMM on September 13, 2020, 10:22:00 AM
Quote from: Sir Alexandreu Davinescu on September 13, 2020, 08:03:36 AM

Bedposts? for what?
By national law, the ceremonial weapon is the bedpost. The method of use is not specified, although I imagine it would do 1D6+STR bludgeoning.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan