Talossan Broadcasting Company—a revival (?)

Started by Françal I. Lux, October 15, 2020, 06:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Françal I. Lux

A specific question in the recent survey issued by the Government reminded me of an old project of mine for Talossa that I might just revive if anyone's interested.

Talossan Broadcasting Company, which is a YouTube channel I made some years ago, has been in hiatus for awhile. I had a little chat show on there that I hosted once a week where I discuss everything Talossan with a panel of guests. Besides that though, I've always been interested in opening it up to people who want to contribute. Maybe some learning materials for new citizens or even language lectures eventually(?)

I just want to gauge interest and see if we can revive it as a community. I know we're all looking for ways to be more active on here (I know I am), so give me some feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCusAH1C3ZLNU8Vg6pgauNSw
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Is there a reason why the logo has the flag upside down? I've been subscribed to the channel for years and I've only just realised it...
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial on October 15, 2020, 06:25:53 PM
Is there a reason why the logo has the flag upside down? I've been subscribed to the channel for years and I've only just realised it...

There's no reason. I just noticed now too! It was made for me by someone awhile back and I can't quite remember. If we restart the channel, I'll come up with something better.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

It's a pity we're planning to repeal El Lexhatx D.2.10.1, you could have changed the name and made it official:

Quote2.10.1. A national radio and television network for Talossans, called "RTV" (Regipäts Televiziun), is also under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Stuff.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 15, 2020, 06:29:31 PM
It's a pity we're planning to repeal El Lexhatx D.2.10.1, you could have changed the name and made it official

That is unfortunate. I'm assuming it's too late to change that. But anyway I'd be willing to coordinate with the Ministry of STUFF with anything involving the channel.

Eðo Grischun

This would be great to see and I wish you a lot of success with it! 

It isn't actually too late to stop the legislative repeal, no.  However, I think I will still put the repeal Bill forward anyway.  I really think this kind of endeavour would be much better handled in the hands of private enterprise.

That said, the Ministry is entirely open to providing assistance wherever it can.  Just let us know how we can help and we will see what we can do (including promotion of the channel via our social media or other web assets).  Just because this YouTube channel won't be officially endorsed, doesn't mean it can't benefit from government assistance.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Eðo Grischun on October 15, 2020, 07:53:09 PM
This would be great to see and I wish you a lot of success with it! 

It isn't actually too late to stop the legislative repeal, no.  However, I think I will still put the repeal Bill forward anyway.  I really think this kind of endeavour would be much better handled in the hands of private enterprise.

That said, the Ministry is entirely open to providing assistance wherever it can.  Just let us know how we can help and we will see what we can do (including promotion of the channel via our social media or other web assets).  Just because this YouTube channel won't be officially endorsed, doesn't mean it can't benefit from government assistance.

I agree, it's be better to keep this autonomous from government control. My main goal for the channel was originally as a cultural exchange platform so I can talk to and broadcast Talossans from all over the world and just have a chat with them about the things we all enjoy and like about this place.

Now, I wanna expand on that a bit and also do FYI sort of segments so I can help prospective citizens learn more about the culture and of course a series focused on the language.

It's a lot of work and I'll need some volunteers if and when it gets to that level. For now, I just wanna restart the chat show and see from there.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Ian Plätschisch, do you think your show would be a good fit for the Talossan Broadcasting Company youtube channel?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

I'm not sure at the moment how to turn Anchor podcasts into YouTube videos, but someday I could look into it.

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on October 16, 2020, 12:11:51 PM
@Ian Plätschisch, do you think your show would be a good fit for the Talossan Broadcasting Company youtube channel?

Good point! Ian, I'd be happy to collaborate with you. I'm not sure exactly what your ideal format it, but I'm sure we can work it out. There are plenty of podcast style channels out there now and I'd be happy to give you a platform for your work through the channel.