November 2020 Sénéchal Elections - Nominations Phase - Please Read

Started by Glüc da Dhi S.H., November 15, 2020, 04:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

Azul,

if you are a Cézembrean citizen you are entitled to participate and vote in the upcoming election for Sénéchal and should have just received an email about this. If you are a citizen of Cézembre and did not receive an email, please let me know!

The intent of this message is to inform you about the election, make sure the chancery has the correct email adress and call for candidates for the position to declare themselves.

Election dates.
The nomination phase of the election will start on 15 November (today) 23:59 CET. (UTC +1) and end on 22 November 23:59 CET (UTC+2).
Voting (if there is more than one candidate) will start on 23 November (exact time TBD) and end 30 November.

How to vote.
The election will be conducted using an online automated secret ballot. After the polls open you will receive an email containing further instructions on how to vote. The election will be conducted using a preferential ballot, which means you will be asked to rank the candidates. The outcome will be determined using the IRV method.

Standing for office.
All adult citizens (age 14 and over) of Cézembre are entitled to run in the election as a candidate. To register as a candidate, you can reply to the mail, send me a PM here or publicly announce your candidacy in this thread. This can be done at any time before the end of November 22nd. Candidates who have announced themselves publicly before the start of the nomination phase are considered registered unless otherwise mentioned(but are still advised to confirm their candidacy during the nomination phase).

Candidate representatives
If you are running as a candidate in this election, you are allowed to appoint any citizen of Talossa to supervise the conduct of the elections. A candidate representative will have to request the Chancery for legal access to the Cézembrean electoral database. Candidate representatives are strictly bound by provincial (A8: The Sénéchal Elections Act) and national (El Lexhatx D 8.5 & 8.6) and are not allowed to communicate with anyone (including their candidate) about the email adresses of Cézembrean citizens or use these for campaign purposes. Neither are candidate representatives allowed to stand as a candidate in the elections.

The office of Sénéchal.
The duties of the Sénéchal include the conduct of votes in l'Etats, the conduct of elections and providing citizens with information about the province. Further information about the legal duties of the Sénéchal can be found in the Cézembrean administrative guide on the Cézembrean subforum on old Witt.

The Sénéchal elections act,
can be found here: talossa.proboards.com/thread/9093/etats-vote-a8

If you have any question or complaint about the elections
you can reply to the email, contact me on Witt or post in this thread.

Yours,
Glüc da Dhi, conducting officer for the April 2020 Sénéchal elections.
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

xpb

Glüc

Thank you for conducting the election.

I hereby announce my candidacy for the post of Sénéchal of Cézembre

X. Pol Briga

Glüc da Dhi S.H.

The nomination phase has ended.

There is only one declared candidate. As the law does not provide an option to vote against a candidate, and there is a precedent for not going through the voting phase when only one candidate has declared, there will not be a voting phase.

I hereby certify that @xpb has been elected as Sénéchal of Cézembre.

Congratulations to Sir X. Pol!
Director of Money Laundering and Sportswashing, Banqeu da Cézembre

xpb

Quote from: Glüc da Dhi S.H. on November 22, 2020, 05:24:01 PM
The nomination phase has ended.

There is only one declared candidate. As the law does not provide an option to vote against a candidate, and there is a precedent for not going through the voting phase when only one candidate has declared, there will not be a voting phase.

I hereby certify that @xpb has been elected as Sénéchal of Cézembre.

Congratulations to Sir X. Pol!

Glüc, thank you for your service to our province by administration of this process.

Given the holiday time period for Thanksgiving this week it would make sense to call l'Etats to session beginning December 1st, 2020.  I am currently traveling but will begin circulating an agenda for the opening session over the next several days.

XPB

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I apologize if I am not submitting this in the correct place but, as the Governor of Florencia, I wanted to send warm congratulations to the newly elected Sénéchal of Cézembre, Sir X. Pol Briga @xpb

Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Congratulations to Sénéchal Briga.

Thank you very much to Glüc da Dhi S.H., who -- as usual -- hefted the weight of obligation we placed on his shoulders.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein