News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[CULTURE]: Talossan Analog Art Show

Started by Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, December 06, 2020, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

The Ministry of Culture is proud to announce the kickoff of our first annual analog art show.  Talossan memes and other digital arts are thriving these days.  But many of us are also artists in the analog word.  So we are launching an art show for all those paintings, drawings, sculptures, and analog arts of all kinds.

Contest winner(s) and runner(s) up will receive golden and silver cups respectively from the Ministry trophy stock, as well as immense bragging rights.  Entries will be judged by a panel of Talossan cultural luminaries who didn't enter the contest itself.

To enter, send a photograph of your work to culture@talossa.com along with the artist's name and medium of the art submitted.

The deadline for submissions is 1/15/2021 and the show will go live 1/20/2021.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Açafat del Val

Has the Art Show received a number of submissions?

Edit: I was about to submit a photo of a canvas print, but the actual source art is a photo taken by a camera, which I am not sure counts as analog. So, no submission from me :(
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

We have currently received no submissions.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

I have a submission I will send in tonight!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

xpb

Açafat del Val

That's two!

Who else has some amazing analog art that they're trying to hide?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Adam Grigoriu

Would music be permissible? I might be able to get something recorded.
Current
    Director of the Office of Preparedness and Response, RTMC HQ

Former
    Minister of the Interior & Permanent Secretary for Immigration

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Are you accepting poetry?
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Absolutely!  Let's accept it all.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Could we have a link to the art show?  Who won the prize?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Minister of Culture got a new job recently and has been on leave.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Is there anyone with access to the materials from this contest who could wrap it up?  You could access the account as Seneschal and forward it to whoever was put in charge.  The contest was started in December and it would be great to see something happen to it.  If people put work into their submissions (Txosuè wrote a poem, it sounds like!), seems shabby to just let it wither on the vine.

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Ok.  I am back on my feet.  My apologies for the inconvenience.

I am in the process of assembling a jury now, and hope to have results by the end of next week.  That will be Spring Break for my institution and hope to have it stitched up by the time we're done.  I have tried a couple of times to attach the entries to this posting, but it doesn't seem to want to take.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

The jury, which was made up of various artists in the Warren, OH area,  as well as my spouse (who judges the caption contest each month), has sent me their votes.  They deeply enjoyed looking at the entries.

Coming in second place is HENDECAHEDRON by Sir X. Pol Briga.  It takes the silver cup.

Coming in first place, and best in show, is CLOUDS by Adiens Davinescu.  It takes the gold cup.

Artists who wish to claim their cup should please contact me with the appropriate shipping information so I can see about getting it to you.  Please, celebrate your accomplishment joyously.

Please join me in congratulating our Talossan artists on a good show.
Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

My daughter is excited by the news, and I will contact you with the shipping information immediately.  Thank you for taking the effort to revive this and see it through.