[FINANCE] PATRIOT POINTS programme for state fundraising

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, January 08, 2021, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Estimadăs és estimäts cüncitaxhiens:

The 55th Coså budget set a target of ℓ325 ($US487.50) in voluntary fundraising to fund our programme.

I am announcing today the PATRIOT POINTS programme to encourage broad participation in the fundraising scheme. Every citizen gets one Patriot Point for every $1 of "voluntary taxation" (donations) (click the CONTRIBUTE graphic on the front page of our national website) or stamp/coins sales, as confirmed by the Burgermeister of Internal Revenue.

Whoever has the most PATRIOT POINTS on 15th April* this year will receive the Seneschál's Medal for Merit in the regularly-scheduled Investitures Ceremony (El Lexhatx F.40.2). Second prize is a fancy certificate. Third prize is you're fired a slightly less fancy certificate.

Please bear in mind that this Voluntary Taxation Programme is proof of concept. If Talossans respond to it well, we can consider removing other forms of taxation - for example, the fees to run in Cosa/Senäts elections. I'm not personally a fan of pay-to-play democracy, but we can consider abolishing them if Talossans show that they are responsible enough to fund State activities voluntarily.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

* or 15th May if we have a month of recess

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Iason Taiwos

I've been meaning to purchase a few more coins. Uh, the name I don't care for. How about calling it a "Loyalty Rewards" program?  Anymore, the word "patriot" kind of makes me cringe a little.

Açafat del Val

I have put in an order for a single coin, but also made a separate monetary contribution.

Will the @Burgermeister of Internal Revenue confirm to me publicly or privately that both things were received succcesfully?
Cheers,

AdV
ex-Senator for Florencia
Jolly Good Fellow of the Royal Talossan College of Arms

Istefan Perþonest

Quote from: Açafat del Val on January 10, 2021, 09:31:55 PM
I have put in an order for a single coin, but also made a separate monetary contribution.

Will the @Burgermeister of Internal Revenue confirm to me publicly or privately that both things were received succcesfully?
I've received one single-coin order (from Kansas) and one $5 contribution (from Colorado) since the 8th. So I probably didn't get both of yours successfully.
Istefan Éovart Perþonest
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort
Cunstavál of Fiôvâ
Burgermeister of Inland Revenue

Eðo Grischun

Quote from: Istefan Perþonest on January 13, 2021, 09:18:37 AM
Quote from: Açafat del Val on January 10, 2021, 09:31:55 PM

I've received one single-coin order (from Kansas) and one $5 contribution (from Colorado) since the 8th. So I probably didn't get both of yours successfully.

The order for a coin with the initials "S.K." is the relevant one here.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I intend to get my name on the board in February.

Also, I challenge all Cabinet ministers and FreeDem MZs to do likewise!

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I have just purchased $US20 of stamps and coins, which I believe takes me to the lead of the board.

Iason Taiwos

I bought two coins a few weeks ago. I'm not even on the leaderboard

Iason Taiwos

(Not that I even care, really. Just trying to support Talossa. Plus, these coins are cool.)

Eðo Grischun

I've messaged the Burgermeister about this and waiting on a reply.  I'd take your word on it all, but I really should wait for formal confirmations from him as he is the only one with access to account statements.
Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Eðo Grischun

Eovart Grischun S.H.

Former Distain
Former Minister
Former Senator for Vuode

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Epic work from the Royal Bank and Post! My little girl who's getting into foreign coins will be enthralled

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

My wife just asked me who designed the coins, and I had to say that I had no idea or had totally forgotten. Was it @the Burgemeister? We should put that information on a website somewhere.