Potential for a constitutional amendment referendum to the citizens of Cézembre

Started by xpb, January 26, 2021, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpb

I have observed that there was proposed, recently voted, and if ratified, a fundamental change to the Organic Law of the Kingdom of Talossa (if it can even still be called that).

However, that legislation is in direct conflict with our CAG and Constitution as the person having their status redefined is The King, His Majesty Regeu Ian, of the House of Lupul ("King John"). by the Grace of God, King of Talossa and of all its Realms and Regions, King of Cézembre, Sovereign Lord and Protector of Pengöpäts and the New Falklands, Defender of the Faith, Leader of the Armed Forces, Viceroy of Hoxha and Vicar of Atatürk.

From the CAG: Chapter I - The State
Article 1. The Sovereign Province of Cézembre is an autonomous and self-governing member of the federal Talossan nation and pledges eternal allegiance to His Royal Majesty, and the Regipäts Talossan.

As Sénéchal, I PROCLAIM for Cézembre continue to recognize as King, His Majesty Regeu Ian, of the House of Lupul ("King John") as the head of state for Cézembre and to follow the CAG, and El Regipäts Talossan Organic Law that was in place at the time of my election. Should there be a new Sénéchal elected, they would have the opportunity to chart their own course.  I seek counter-signature by @C. M. Siervicül &/or @King John via @Sir Alexandreu Davinescu

from the CAG: Chapter III- Le Sénéchal
Article 11. Le Sénéchal shall be the elected leader of Cézembre. Le Sénéchal shall have the power to issue proclamations which have the force of law. These proclamations may be appealed or amended as regular laws. These proclamations may not act as acts of attainders or any activity prohibited by the Organic Law (with regards to Prime Dictats). These proclamations must be counter-signed by the Governor-General (or the King, in case of, by lack of appointment or by long-term absence, a Governor-General).

As noted, there are remedies, should this proclamation be counter-signed, for l'Etats and the citizens of Cézembre.  While I evince that the King shall still be recognized, opinions may differ.  A change to the Constitution of the Sovereign Province of Cézembre requires:

From the CAG: Chapter VIII- Amendments
Article 21. This Constitution may be altered by a resolution of two third or more of l'Etats, which must be passed into approval by a referendum of the people, attaining the majority of those who vote, and proclaimed by the Governor-General.

Since I shall not propose a resolution to amend, it may be proposed by the other current sitting members of l'Etats which currently include @Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù, and @Ián Tamorán, @Ián S.G. Txaglh, or future members of l'Etats.  Since I shall not vote to amend, it shall take a vote of all remaining members of l'Etats to forward such as a referendum to the persons (currently 21) that I can determine as of the most recent Census are citizens.  In such a case, due to the importance of this possible fundamental change, I would seek a proclamation that a vote would continue until such time that every citizen would vote Per, Non, or Austaneu.

xpb

In regard to the recent Ranked Choice Constitutional Referendum among Citizens of Cézembre --

9 voted, including
Ián B. Anglatzarâ #74
Danihél Roðgarüt #84
X. Pol Briga #152
Owen Christopher Edwards #218
Dame Litz Cjantscheir #277
Ián Tamorán #284
Ián S.G. Txaglh #359
Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù #434
Amada Eleonora Merþedes #539

and 12 did not vote including:
Ián da Bitoûr #174
Glüc da Dhi #260
Ryan Hammond #370
Raducanu Vasile #306
Martì Vataldestreça #391
Moritz Iesu Preiria Fernaodescu #395
Tamás Ónodi #478
Thomas Dray #438
Roibeardet dal Riesta #465
Thor Deyaert #527
Bakou Hearthless #532
Alexandreu Mitxeu Hårleu Furxheir #549

Should there be introduction of any type of amendment in l'Etats, then I would strive to insure that there would be increased participation in any local referendum.