TO BE CLARKED: A Resolution in memory of John Carl Eiffler aka 'Art Verbotten'

Started by GV, January 28, 2021, 07:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

SoS, please Clark - GV, Senator

<start of bill text>

A Resolution in memory of John Carl Eiffler aka 'Art Verbotten'

WHEREAS John Carl Eiffler of Milwaukee, Wisconsin - a part of the Miwaukee 'East Side' 'Old-Growth' group of friends including R. Ben Madison, Xherált L. Conâ, JJ, Josh Forziun, Sandee P., Dan Lauriér, Roibeard dal Már, and others and known to Talossans worldwide as 'Art Verbotten' since ca. late 2004, was in the Talossan community from at least 1980 onward and was active from the mid-1980s through ca. 2010.  In Talossan, he was 'Ián Carlüs Valadéir', but never used that translation.

WHERAS as the leader of the one-man Kingdom of Thord, he was a belligerent in the Conâ Wars and one of the founders of the now-defunct League of Secessionist States (LOSS) which for a time was a force in the micronational community.

WHEREAS he was an active citizen of the Kingdom of Talossa and later of the 2004-2012 Republic of Talossa and whose April 2004 renunciation of the Kingdom helped (along with Bill Cooper's renunciation the same night) throw the full light of clarity and truth on Ben Madison's vendetta against Kane Gruber,

WHEREAS his presence in Talossa was one of consistency, approachability, and a continual fount of wisdom,

WHEREAS he was rightly called the 'Conscience of Talossa' for at least thirty years by Ben Madison and others,

WHEREAS he was born 14 July 1964 and died on 10 January 2021, though the Kingdom did not hear of it until a fortnight afterward,

WHEREAS with only a few pointed and gracious words, he could distill any argument to its essence, putting everyone in their place and calling all on their b-s,

WHEREAS his obituary may be had at https://www.krausefuneralhome.com/obituary/john-c-eiffler/

WHEREAS he was just plain cool and his loss is a profound one to the Talossan Kingdom community, the micronational community at-large, the Talossan expatriate community, and most of all to his family and friends outside of Talossa,

THEREFORE, the Ziu and the whole of the Kingdom of Talossa extends its profound sympathies to Eiffler's family and friends as well as to R. Ben Madison, Xherált Conâ, Ián U. Metáiriâ (aka JJ), Danihel Lauriér, and all the greater Talossan nation.

May John Carl Eiffler aka 'Art Verbotten' be remembered for his wisdom, wit, and for being a giant who walked among us.  The Kingdom of Thord has left the building.

Rest in peace, brother.

Uréu q'estadra så Gödefrïeu Válcadác'h, Senator on behalf of the entire Ziu and the Kingdom of Talossa

<end of bill text>

Hoppered 28 January 2021
Edited in Hopper 30 January 2021
Final edits in Hopper 19 February 2021
Sent to SoS via Hopper-edit to be Clarked 19 February 2021

GV

GV

I would say, in brief, Eiffler's chief contribution to Talossa was as an active memory and as a mind independent of JJ and Ben.  He was critical in providing perspective, and he was active on Wittenberg and in Talossa in general, again, until the late 2000s or early 2010s.

When I came to Talossa in 2000, the truly active people from the Old-Growth crowd were Ben, JJ, and Eiffler.  These were the people whom my 'generation' first knew and looked up to in Talossa.

People might say these three founded and started Talossa.  Of course, it was Ben alone who did that in December 1979, but Eiffler along with JJ (and Conâ!) in late 1980 played along and helped Talossa to, in that way-back time, become something bigger than any of them or anyone since. 

The Conâ Wars was the time when Talossa took on a life of its own, and if only for his part in that, John Eiffler should in Talossa be remembered for all-time.

GV

Bump a second time.  What is the proper procedure for Clarking a bill?  I thought indicating on the Hopper a bill was to be Clarked was sufficient.  Thanks, all!

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: GV on March 01, 2021, 10:32:41 AM
Bump a second time.  What is the proper procedure for Clarking a bill?  I thought indicating on the Hopper a bill was to be Clarked was sufficient.  Thanks, all!

Um...I Clarked this bill.

http://www.talossa.ca/files/bills.php?cosa=55&bill=20
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Okay, we have a problem, and that problem is that the PDF that was sent out has the LAST Clark's details, not this one

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on March 01, 2021, 04:19:07 PM
Okay, we have a problem, and that problem is that the PDF that was sent out has the LAST Clark's details, not this one

Grrr. Let me send it again and see if it sends the correct version.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

I will try to get it fixed. MPF is unable to help me today so hopefully tomorrow we can get it looked at. The link I provided in my main thread on voting is accurate though.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal