News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

LCC Leadership Election (+ Recruitment Thread)

Started by Ian Plätschisch, April 07, 2021, 06:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Do you like the fact that Talossa is a Monarchy? Do you support a bicameral legislature? Do you think the FreeDems needs some opposition to keep them in check? If so, the League of Centre Conservatives is the party for you.

The LCC will be holding an election April 12-19 to determine who will be leading the LCC into the 56th Cosa election (spoiler alert: it won't be me), so now is a great time to get involved. To do so, send me a message.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I would hearby wish to submit my candidature for the position of party leader.

Dark have been my dreams of late, the outside world seems grimmer than before. I used to think of talossa as a safe harbor of fun an whimsy. With a King that was a kind, interesting and benevolent.

Now we have a government that claims to be acting in our interests, yet is tearing apart our nation, both emotionally and practically. If elected I will be engaging in discussion with the free democrats, I will call them out where I see it. However I am very much done with the protracted arguments driving this nation aprt, I am very much done. I fear that down we will reach a untenable situation that will drive us apart for good.
Túischac'h of the 55th Cosa
MC, 55th Cosa, League of Center Conservatives
Secretary-General of the League of centre conservatives
Member of the L'Etats de Cézembre

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 08, 2021, 03:26:18 PM
Now we have a government that claims to be acting in our interests, yet is tearing apart our nation, both emotionally and practically... I am very much done with the protracted arguments driving this nation aprt

With respect, Txosuè, this is the argument you've made about Talossa all the time I've know you - that it is Free Democrat politics that are "tearing the country apart", while the opposition to such policies is blameless and entirely justified. That one side is responsible when the other side gets mean. It's never been true; and right now, Talossa has been less argumentative and more polite in the last Cosă term than in most of our lifetimes.

As long as I've been involved, Talossan conservatives have claimed that Republican or reform-monarchist ideas are hurtful and upsetting and should not be allowed. But now those who want change are a clear majority. The compromise reached with the former LCC leader would put the constitutional argument to bed for a Talossan generation. Anyone who really wants the arguments to stop - as opposed to "our side to win and people who disturb me to be excluded from Talossa" - will support it.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Long term citizens have felt so ostracised, belittled, silenced and canceled for their veiws and have since disengaged because they don't want to argue with people any more.

And now you claim that the majority now agree with you. Could it not be you have driven people away to a point the no longer wish to get involved with our policies because they are so disenfranchised with the entire process?

They may no longer be heard from but I will be their voice. I see them. If they wish to reach out to me my door as party leader will always be open.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

And this is where this conversation with you ends, with you using a false equivalency, hooking onto one word (disregarding everything else I have said) and acting like your the victim here and I'm not going to rise to it. Good day.

Viteu

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 08, 2021, 04:42:28 PM
Long term citizens have felt so ostracised, belittled, silenced and canceled for their veiws and have since disengaged because they don't want to argue with people any more.

And now you claim that the majority now agree with you. Could it not be you have driven people away to a point the no longer wish to get involved with our policies because they are so disenfranchised with the entire process?

They may no longer be heard from but I will be their voice. I see them. If they wish to reach out to me my door as party leader will always be open.

No, people think being challenged means they're being silenced, or the new four-letter word to describe it, "cancelled." This is nonsense. People are choosing to leave because they lost their power on Talossa, and now you're just gaslighting.

Also, you're not their hero; you're not their advocate; and you're not going to gaslight your way to being the victim.
Viteu Marcianüs
Puisne Judge of the Uppermost Cort

Former FreeDem (Vote PRESENT)

Viteu

Dark have been my dreams of late, the outside world seems grimmer than before. I used to think of talossa as a safe harbor of fun an whimsy. With a King that was a kind, interesting and benevolent.

Now we have a government that claims to be acting in our interests, yet is tearing apart our nation, both emotionally and practically. If elected I will be engaging in discussion with the free democrats, I will call them out where I see it. However I am very much done with the protracted arguments driving this nation aprt, I am very much done. I fear that down we will reach a untenable situation that will drive us apart for good.

The talossan equivalent of those who stormed the Capitol on January 6th right here on display. We have our own tea party!

+1 derivativist
0 Peculiarist
Viteu Marcianüs

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Nice prose. Take a look at the last Clark and see who voted and didn't. It seems to me that the FreeDems stepped up to do the work when the opposition just vanished.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

GV

[Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù:]
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 08, 2021, 04:56:56 PM
Long term citizens have felt so ostracised, belittled, silenced and canceled for their veiws

[Miestrâ:] Oh dear God. This is just the kind of discourse we don't need in Talossa.

If there is anything our King has proven over sixteen years of Talossanity, it's he's as strong as a lion and can speak for himself.  It's actually one of the things I very much like about him.  There have been moments where his inplacable and unphasable presence on the Throne of Talossa has been decisive and as someone put it some time ago in a different context, 'reassuring'.

John has not been silenced.  And he has not been 'cancelled'.  The present King of Talossa has chosen to remain silent, using the active @AlexanderDavinescu as a long-term proxy-monarch for the foreseeable future.  By doing so, John has opened the floodgates of criticism, the dehereditization of the monarchy, and possibly an early end to his reign.

As I have said before, he has established himself to be in good health and relatively crisis-free. 

In good conscience, therefore, we do not need to offer the King our thoughts and prayers for a specific set of circumstances and on his behalf, but instead can and must ask questions as to why the perpetually-inactive King of Talossa does not abdicate the Throne for someone - anyone - who actually cares to be active in doing Talossa while not relying on a long-term Regent and who has given the country no transparency in how long this regency will continue.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

Quote from: GV on April 08, 2021, 11:33:25 PM
[Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù:]
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on April 08, 2021, 04:56:56 PM
Long term citizens have felt so ostracised, belittled, silenced and canceled for their veiws

[Miestrâ:] Oh dear God. This is just the kind of discourse we don't need in Talossa.

If there is anything our King has proven over sixteen years of Talossanity, it's he's as strong as a lion and can speak for himself.  It's actually one of the things I very much like about him.  There have been moments where his inplacable and unphasable presence on the Throne of Talossa has been decisive and as someone put it some time ago in a different context, 'reassuring'.

John has not been silenced.  And he has not been 'cancelled'.  The present King of Talossa has chosen to remain silent, using the active @AlexanderDavinescu as a long-term proxy-monarch for the foreseeable future.  By doing so, John has opened the floodgates of criticism, the dehereditization of the monarchy, and possibly an early end to his reign.

As I have said before, he has established himself to be in good health and relatively crisis-free. 

In good conscience, therefore, we do not need to offer the King our thoughts and prayers for a specific set of circumstances and on his behalf, but instead can and must ask questions as to why the perpetually-inactive King of Talossa does not abdicate the Throne for someone - anyone - who actually cares to be active in doing Talossa while not relying on a long-term Regent and who has given the country no transparency in how long this regency will continue.

... I haven't even mentioned the king? If he wants a rest that's his right. If he wishes to. I am well aware he can talk for himself. I dont understand how on earth you got the above from what I said?

GV

If John is not well, we need someone to say, "John is not well.", and he will receive from me and all Talossa all the support in the world.

It is not lost on me he went inactive at about the same time the monarchy was de-hereditized by a vote of 2-1 in referendum.  It is also not lost on me he appointed AD as Regent-without-end-amen only after I publicly called on the King to give clarity to his absence.

We look forward to his immediate return to his once-normal level of Talossan activity and attention.

Tierçéu Rôibeardescù

I have no insider knowledge for you, however again we are all entitled as citzans of talossa to prioritize or extra talossa activities should we see fit as we must respect each other in that.

Viteu

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 09, 2021, 07:48:15 AM
I have no insider knowledge for you, however again we are all entitled as citzans of talossa to prioritize or extra talossa activities should we see fit as we must respect each other in that.

That's not what he's doing. He's virtually abdicated without even so much as a cursory explanation or eta on return. But even setting that aside, if Talossan want to keep the monarchy as is, they could have voted for that (anonymously in fact thanks to those radicals in the Free Democrats). If you're going to take on some great defender role, at least bother to get your facts right.
Viteu Marcianüs

GV

Quote from: Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù on April 09, 2021, 07:48:15 AM

Not when he is well and is monarch.  If I can go incommunicado for one week as PM (way back when) and have the country up in arms, we can get up-in-arms over King John's rest and relaxation.