Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Resigning as LCC Leader

Started by Ian Plätschisch, April 07, 2021, 06:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

From the Senate voting thread:

-----------------------

I stand by my support of [the Talossa Shall Choose its King Amendment], perhaps because I take a more pessimistic view of future support for the Monarchy than my conservative peers, from whom I have received some pushback. They didn't change my mind, but they did make me recognize that I cannot really claim to vigorously represent conservatives while at the same time supporting this amendment. I am also encouraged by my partymates' vision and do not want the LCC to become the "Ian Plätschisch Party." Finally, four consecutive Cosas as a party leader does make a person a bit tired of partisan politics, and I was already thinking of somewhat reducing my political involvement for the time being.

Therefore, I will be resigning as LCC party leader effective at the conclusion of the sixth Clark (I am remaining a member of it though, and I am definitely not resigning as MM Senator).

Miestră Schivă, UrN

On behalf of the Free Democrats:

- I totally understand the strain that being a party leader imposes on the personality, which is why I am stepping aside from my own party's leadership, and I wish Senator Plätschisch a less taxing schedule from now on.

- I comment Senator Plätschisch for all his good work as opposition leader - as when he was a member of the Government and Seneschál before that, and I must confess that I'm worried about who his successor will be. Reading between the lines of this statement suggests that the Senator is being pushed aside by LCC members who want to reject the Historic Compromise contained in 55RZ21; which will of course mean that only a FreeDem (or Peculiarist, I suppose) vote in the upcoming election will preserve that compromise, saving us from being plunged again into the eternal and boring Republic v. John Woolley debate.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

GV

Being a party leader is not easy, and you wore that mantle well.  May your continued years in Talossa be long, and may your 'retirement' be restful.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Ian Plätschisch, I am disappointed to see this news of your resigning as LCC party leader.
I too sincerely hope this is not indicative of a shift in the party's stance on the Talossa Shall Choose its King amendment which I also support.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Breneir Itravilatx on April 08, 2021, 07:42:36 AM
@Ian Plätschisch, I am disappointed to see this news of your resigning as LCC party leader.
I too sincerely hope this is not indicative of a shift in the party's stance on the Talossa Shall Choose its King amendment which I also support.

Woah, an LCC MC was blindsided by this news? That is really not a good sign, and it raises the question: who, exactly, were the "conservatives" who have been hassling Senator Plätschisch about his support for the Compromise to the point that he felt the need to resign?

I urge the incoming LCC leader to confirm before the election begins whether they will support, oppose or allow a free vote on the Historic Compromise*, so that voters know what they're voting for. Otherwise, it will take support for the FreeDems (or the Peculiarists, I assume) to make sure this happens; or pro- and anti-compromise wings of the LCC will have to split.

* Assuming that the Regent vetoes, because you know he's going to

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

While it's regrettable that MC Itravilatx had not heard of my intention before this announcement, it was discussed on the LCC Facebook group (of which he is a member), so I was definitely not intentionally concealing anything. Nothing nefarious is going on; I just thought this would be a good time to step down given that I was already looking to do so and there are other LCC members with a somewhat different vision of what the party can accomplish.

Keep in mind that from the beginning I have supported the compromise out of practicality rather than principle; that is, I think it's the best way to prevent Talossa from eventually turning into a Republic. Others disagree with this assessment, that's all

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on April 08, 2021, 03:50:40 PM
While it's regrettable that MC Itravilatx had not heard of my intention before this announcement, it was discussed on the LCC Facebook group (of which he is a member), so I was definitely not intentionally concealing anything. Nothing nefarious is going on; I just thought this would be a good time to step down given that I was already looking to do so and there are other LCC members with a somewhat different vision of what the party can accomplish.

Keep in mind that from the beginning I have supported the compromise out of practicality rather than principle; that is, I think it's the best way to prevent Talossa from eventually turning into a Republic. Others disagree with this assessment, that's all

Thanks? I guess my Facebook notifications must be malfunctioning. In any event, I have removed myself from the group as my resignation from the party is effective immediately. All the best.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight