[Wittenberg] Site Width

Started by Sevastáin Pinátsch, December 13, 2019, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevastáin Pinátsch

Azul,

I understand the benefit of reducing the margin space in the design. More concentration; less 'waste'.

But, I'm finding it more difficult to read posts now, and it's much harder to write them.

In the editor, sentences can stretch to nearly the full length of my 24" monitor.

Maybe it's just me. I'd be happy to hear from other folks on this matter.

~ SP
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Sir Lüc

Dang, I honestly didn't think the extra width would be a problem, especially because the site at-large is still a bit narrower than PB, and the editor itself is even narrower.

Sev, can you play a bit with the CSS and tell me how wide is "too wide"? The width attribute is found in the wrapper class and is now 1500px (originally 1200px).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sevastáin Pinátsch

It's alright. If I'm the only one that's noticed, it's not worth changing.
Sevastáin Pinátsch, Senator for Atatürk
#KARED

Amada Merþedes

Quote from: Sevastáin Pinátsch on December 14, 2019, 08:15:50 AM
It's alright. If I'm the only one that's noticed, it's not worth changing.

I can see how its a pain on bigger screens for definite, but on a 15"? It isnt really something I noticed

Sir Lüc

Changed width to 1350 which should be a reasonable compromise. I still want to see if there's a @media tag or whatever for actual screen size so that the width can be capped on bigger screens.

Incidentally, I have a 24" at home too, so I'll be able to test it myself next week.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă