[TBoC] Call for Recipes for Vol 4 of the Talossan Book of Cuisine

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, November 08, 2023, 09:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

There have now been three editions of the Talossan Book of Cuisine. For this fourth edition the collection period for recipes will be an extended one. We do not plan to publish until sometime in February or March 2024. But I am nonetheless delighted to open the recipe submission period!

Fancy yourself a Talossan epicurean?
Show us what you got. :)

Submissions can be sent here on Witt PM or via email to copebh [at] gmail [dot] com

Here are links:
-to Volume 3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XhvSf_K8uUKbFjZdnbHwqYfk5FCvbtxA/view?usp=sharing
-to Volume 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-n_i0cAfhWLUIPx1mYHqbqapxCuAL-VV/view?usp=sharing

Breneir
TBoC Editor

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Hugemongous thanks to @Iason Taiwos for being the first person to submit a recipe for the cookbook. It looks delicious too!

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Reissuing a call for recipes. Hopefully we can get more of our previous contributors back again.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Happy new year Talossans,

I wanted to post a quick note to remind you we are accepting submissions for the 4th edition of the Talossan Book of Cuisine.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

My mouth waters at the so far, imagined only with one exception from Senator Iason, recipes Talossans have submitted for Volume 4 of the Book of Cuisine.
Hopefully in the new year the Kingdom will shake off its lethargy.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I just know we have more Talossan epicureans out there. Please consider submitting your original or favorite non-original recipes for Volume 4 of the Book of Cuisine.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

I am bumping this post as we are still looking for contributors to the fourth volume of the Talossan Book of Cuisine.

I also want to thank @Iason Taiwos for his contributions. I am hoping to also be permitted use of another Cjovani food pic for the next cover.

Iason Taiwos

You have permission to use any pics from the Cjovanifood Instagram page that you wish

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Zilect Uómbat Firă

Cinnamon/Brown Sugar Apples & Orange Cider
This is two recipes that go hand-in-hand.

Cinnamon/Brown Sugar Apples

What you need: 1 medium sized cooking pot with lid
Apples - I use a 3 pound bag of Golden Delicious, you can use other apples if you wish.
granulated brown sugar
cinnamon (you may substitute or add cinnamon schnapps)
honey
32 ounces of orange juice
lemon juice

1 ) Slice your apples (I have an "easy slicer" that cores the apples and cuts it into 8 pieces) - you can do this first or after "2 - 5"

2 ) pour some (approx. 6-8 ounces) of the orange juice into your pot (you can turn the stove on while adding ingredients to the pot - low or medium)

3 ) pour in some of the granulated brown sugar until the pile of sugar pokes thru the juice

4 ) add some cinnamon - I use the "shaker" side of the lid and add in a circular motion until I've made at least one full circle around the pot

5 ) add some honey (about 2 circles around your pot) and some lemon juice (one good squeeze of your)

6 ) stir and slowly bring this to a simmer

7 ) add about 1/3 of your apples - they should all be in the juice, and the pot should appear full

8 ) bring to a boil (you may additionally add some extra cinnamon, brown sugar & honey)

Bringing it to a boil

9 ) once your apples & mix are boiling, turn the heat down to low and remove the apples from your mix, place these in your bowl (try to drain all of the juice from your apples as you remove them)

10 ) repeat steps 7-9 until all of your apples are cooked, then turn off your stove.

11 ) save the juice in your pot, you are now ready to make your orange cider.

Orange Cider

12 ) pour the remainder of your orange juice into your pot

13 ) stir for 10-15 seconds

14 ) your orange cider is now ready, you may either pour it back into your OJ bottle (this requires a funnel) or pour into a punch bowl or other container.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====
Creator of Talossan licence plates and Talossan road signs as well as Consul for Cézembre in Vuode and PSC in the Zouaves
Founder of Talossa24, Deputy Minister of STUFF and member of COFFEE

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====
Creator of Talossan licence plates and Talossan road signs as well as Consul for Cézembre in Vuode and PSC in the Zouaves

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz
=====