News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

A Message from the King

Started by King John, April 28, 2024, 07:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King John

My fellow Talossans --

For several years I have hoped and gone on hoping that I would be able to regain the engagement and spare time for my beloved country that I once was able to sustain, but I must sadly accept that my other responsibilities simply do not allow me to be the King that I have been in the past, that I would want to be, and that you deserve.  I had initially thought that my pastoral duties as a Deacon of the Holy Orthodox Church would diminish over the last couple of years, but instead they have redoubled as I have recently been moved to an even more active position.  Despite my best hopes, it is time for a change for the Kingdom.

When I first immigrated to Talossa, I found so much here that I loved -- an extraordinary and rich language, a vibrant community, and an intricate simulation.  I also found a domineering leader who was afraid to let Talossa outgrow him.  I will not become such a King.

We speak now to our Ziu, the legislature that speaks for the people.  We request that you set into law procedures by which we may choose a successor.  We readily accept that the Ziu and the nation will have a voice in these procedures, and our advisors inform us of good and necessary legislation.  We call for its swift passage.

We declare that it is our intention to abdicate our throne.  When we are satisfied that there will yet remain to our Kingdom a monarch to safeguard her honours and her majesties, we will lay down our Royal honours, and remain *very* happy to continue to enjoy the high honours we share with all of you -- the honours of a citizen of the Kingdom of Talossa.

-- John Regeu

Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat

Viva El Regeu!
Viva Ár Päts!
Viva Talossa!
The Fulbright Fellow, Royal Talossan College of Arms
Member, Talossan Science Fiction, Fantasy & Whisky Society
Membreu dal Urderi dal Provinçù Soveran da Maricopa

Barclamïu da Miéletz

El Legeu, el Regeu es la Livertà inalt!

(I doubt it's correct since I used L'Översteir)

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

¡Vivetz els legeux, el Regeu, es els pleps!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

GV

Bless you and your Christian ministry, John!  The end of an era for sure.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

I absolutely need to include this in Talossa24 as soon as I even manage to make a video.

Barclamïu da Miéletz