[Tepelaziun] Minister of Immigration

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, July 17, 2022, 08:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

This is probably going to be a quick question, but I just wanted to check something.

S:reu Ministreu, I have noticed that you have been linking prospective citizens to the new citizen's guide that's on the wiki.

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 16, 2022, 07:40:49 PM
Azul! Make sure to check out the new citizen's guide: https://wiki.talossa.com/TalossaWiki:New_Citizen%27s_Guide

And that's good, but I just wanted to be sure that prospectives are also getting the new information packet that I wrote six months ago?  I assumed they were getting it by email, but thought it was worth checking up.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Azul,

It had been my understanding that the New Citizen's Guide page on the wiki either was the Information Packet you are talking about, or included it. I see that isn't the case. I will update the wiki page to add the PDF to the top

Wow.  Okay, well, I'm glad I asked.  This is really not cool, and I am unhappy about it.

Last term, the Government asked if anyone could volunteer to help with getting information together to get to new citizens, and I stepped up and wrote a whole packet of information to welcome new Talossans and get them involved.  The result was pretty snappy and I was proud of it, and the Government said it was great and officially voted to use it.  I thought it was a great project; here's the relevant thread: https://wittenberg.talossa.com/index.php?topic=1082.0

It's a bit annoying to find out that it was then immediately abandoned, just as soon as you guys took it over.  Especially since it seemed like you personally had confirmed that you knew about it and we're sending it out (at the end of that thread).

This is disappointing, and I hope there will be some accountability.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

While I'm not happy at whatever lack of communication in the Government has led to this confusion, I asked in March if the person who wrote the Wiki page could update it to match the new Guide content, and they didn't

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

I am the person who wrote the wiki page, just like I set up most of the wiki infrastructure.  So you seem to be saying that this is my fault, if I'm understanding you correctly.  You're blaming me, after I stepped up to help with the work, rather than taking responsibility or making sure there's any accountability.

Maybe we're having a hard time finding volunteers these days because of the way they're treated!

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 17, 2022, 06:56:53 PM
I am the person who wrote the wiki page, just like I set up most of the wiki infrastructure.  So you seem to be saying that this is my fault, if I'm understanding you correctly.  You're blaming me, after I stepped up to help with the work, rather than taking responsibility or making sure there's any accountability.

Maybe we're having a hard time finding volunteers these days because of the way they're treated!

Let's keep things civil everyone.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 17, 2022, 06:21:13 PM

It's a bit annoying to find out that it was then immediately abandoned, just as soon as you guys took it over.  Especially since it seemed like you personally had confirmed that you knew about it and we're sending it out (at the end of that thread).

What I thought we were talking about at the end of that thread was the wiki page (to which I thought the pdf had been added). Since then I have been posting the link to that page to every application.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Commenting in terpelaziun threads should be resisted if at all possible if you aren't asked to respond.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal