[Cantzelerïă/Chancery] Electoral Commission for the 59th General Election

Started by Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB, August 08, 2023, 07:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

As we are now in the final Clark of the 58th Cosa, and pursuant to El Lex B.13.2., it falls to me as the Secretary of State to establish an Electoral Commission. The relevant portion of El. Lex is below:

QuoteThe Electoral Commission shall be comprised of one Uppermost Cort justice to be appointed by the Cort, one Senator whose term will not expire at the conclusion of the Cosa term to be appointed by the Mençei, and one member to be appointed by the King upon recommendation of the Seneschal, pursuant to the following subsections. The Secretary of State shall be a permanent ex officio member of the Commission, and shall not be entitled to a vote nor affect quorum.

Therefore, I ask @King John  in consultation with The Seneschal, @Breneir Tzaracomprada, the Mençei @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, and Chief Judge @Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN appoint their chosen member.

As the next General Election is quickly approaching, I will need to consult with the EC to establish the rules of the election as soon as I can.

Secretár d'Estat/Secretary of State
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB on August 08, 2023, 07:59:17 AMAs we are now in the final Clark of the 58th Cosa, and pursuant to El Lex B.13.2., it falls to me as the Secretary of State to establish an Electoral Commission. The relevant portion of El. Lex is below:

QuoteThe Electoral Commission shall be comprised of one Uppermost Cort justice to be appointed by the Cort, one Senator whose term will not expire at the conclusion of the Cosa term to be appointed by the Mençei, and one member to be appointed by the King upon recommendation of the Seneschal, pursuant to the following subsections. The Secretary of State shall be a permanent ex officio member of the Commission, and shall not be entitled to a vote nor affect quorum.

Therefore, I ask @King John  in consultation with The Seneschal, @Breneir Tzaracomprada, the Mençei @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu, and Chief Judge @Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN appoint their chosen member.

As the next General Election is quickly approaching, I will need to consult with the EC to establish the rules of the election as soon as I can.

It is a pleasure to recommend that @King John appoint @Danihel Txechescu to the Electoral Commission.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Azul,

The election draws nearer and I am required by law to have an Electoral Commission in place to review the rules of the election. So far I only have one confirmed appointee (thank you @Breneir Tzaracomprada) and it looks like there could be one forthcoming from the Senate (thank you @Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu and @Ian Plätschisch).

I need a nominee from Chief Judge @Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN as soon as possible so the Chancery can fulfill its statutory requirements in a timely manner.

Thank you!
Sir Txec
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu

Eiric S. Bornatfiglheu
Chisleu Bruno of the NPW
Senator from Benito

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

The Cort Pü Inalt having met amongst itself, and after due and careful consideration does hereby unanimously nominate:

Puisne Justice Istefan Perþonest as the Cort Pü Inalt's nominee for the Electoral Commission.

With our continued thanks and appreciation to the SoS for all his hard work,

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN
Senior Judge
Cort Pü Inalt
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

The Electoral Commission now being fully established, the Chancery will work with the EC in preparation for the upcoming general election.

With thanks,

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

At this time I ask that the duly seated Electoral Commission, consisting of @Danihel Txechescu, @Ian Plätschisch, and @Istefan Perþonest review the rules of the 59th Cosa General Election, which can be found at http://www.talossa.ca/files/electionrules.php.

A separate email will also be sent.

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

xpb

The electoral commission is welcome to review the election on Cézembre that will again use the Electionbuddy.com system for secret ballots along with the typical posting of votes in public within the forum.  Should that not be of interest or purvey of the election commission at the level of the realm, please inform me and I shall investigate a more local commission.

Provinces are free to run their elections as they choose. The Electoral Commission is concerned primarily with election rules and validating votes in the General Election.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

The Electoral Commission has approved the election rules, which can be found at http://www.talossa.ca/files/electionrules.php.

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal