News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

[Technology] Webhost invoicing issue

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, July 22, 2022, 07:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

So I remembered this good idea which was raised at the time we were struggling to get the domain names paid:

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on June 30, 2022, 06:37:40 PM
We get a good deal on hosting from DoRoyal, compensating for how much were overpaying for domain names, but we might want to think about lodging an official complaint about how this was handled.

Well, I did raise this idea in Cabinet, and Cabinet agreed that it would probably be a good idea. But when I went to the DeRoyal site to find out whether there were formal "complaint raising" procedures, I found that the Burgermeister had had a further issue with the billing at DeRoyal - namely, that they'd charged him double for the talossa.com domain name that was supposed to be included in the hosting.

The owner of the company apologised for the error and thanked Istefan for pointing it out, and gave us credit on future domain renewals by way of an apology. So given that I'm not sure that adding an additional complaint about the previous billing drama would add any value. I would like other's opinions on whether to just leave it there, including the Burgermeister's.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Wait, why would we be grateful that they not only increased rates significantly with no notice, but also screwed up our billing and double-billed us?
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein