News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Talossan Pannapictagraphist Society

Started by Iason Taiwos, July 07, 2022, 08:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Iason Taiwos on September 02, 2023, 03:31:08 PMI believe the issue Tric'hard is talking about may possibly be Superman #500. This run of Superman (from his death to resurrection) was fairly popular at the time, so they printed a whole bunch of every issue...I'm still finding them in dollar bins. However, #500 is a major key, and having it signed would make it slightly more valuable than an unsigned copy.

So probably worth $1.23
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Iason Taiwos

https://comicbookplus.com/
This is a great source for extremely hard to find (public domain) comics.

Iason Taiwos

An American company, Papercutz (headed by former Marvel Comics editor Jim Salicrup) has begun releasing new editions of the Asterix books (three of the original albums per volume), and I've picked up the first four. I believe these editions cover books originally published from 1961-67. I read a few of the Asterix books when I was maybe 10 or 11, and loved them then. Re-reading them now as a fifty year old, they're still great, and I found myself laughing out loud quite a bit. Superb art and storytelling. Highly recommended. (No wonder they have an Asterix theme park in France.) (Asterix is apparently one of the most popular comics series in history, but sadly remains relatively unknown in the US.)
Other recent purchase was the premier issue of the revived "Savage Sword of Conan", by Titan Comics. The original Savage Sword was a black and white, magazine sized book published by Marvel, which ran from 1973 until sometime in the mid nineties. I was a big fan back in my teenage years. Glad to say, the first issue of the new series is great. Like the original, it's printed on newsprint (ahhh...inhale those pages, you can smell the ink!), and features a fine Conan story by Arcudi and Fafner. The back up story features Solomon Kane, story and art by Patch Zircher (may be actually better than the Conan story.) Well worth acquiring (the $6.99 cover price is nice.)