[TBoC] Presenting Vol. 3 of the Talossan Book of Cuisine!

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, July 23, 2023, 01:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Volume 3 of the Talossan Book of Cuisine is now available!

The theme of the third edition of TBoC is described well by this Winona LaDuke quote:
Quote"Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships."

May the deliciousness of these recipes as representations of Talossan tastes be another chord of rich connection in the fabric of Talossan culture.

I want to thank the following contributors:
@Iason Taiwos 
Manus Hand
Tric'hard Lenxheir
@xpb
@Bråneu Excelsio
@þerxh Sant-Enogat
ChatGPT

The recipe book can be accessed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XhvSf_K8uUKbFjZdnbHwqYfk5FCvbtxA/view?usp=sharing

Commentary and/or pictures should you try one of the recipes is welcome in this thread or on the Wittenberg Twitter post.

Breneir Tzaracomprada
TBoC Editor


Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on July 23, 2023, 01:57:25 PMI'm sorry, it says I need access!

My apologies. I have updated the settings. It should be accessible now.


Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 23, 2023, 01:55:11 PMChatGPT
From what I understand, the quality of recipes depends drastically on how recently you used it (that is, whether you used version 3.5 or 4).

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 23, 2023, 07:05:37 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 23, 2023, 01:55:11 PMChatGPT
From what I understand, the quality of recipes depends drastically on how recently you used it (that is, whether you used version 3.5 or 4).

My homemade pupusas will likely need improvement regardless sadly.


Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Zacrïeu Sverdeu

Forgive me for my ignorance as I am new, but are the recipes in the book intended to be part of talossan culture? Or is it meant to be a talossan written standardized cook book integrating culture that is not talossan? Again sorry for ignorance as I am trying to learn more of the kingdom
Zach

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Zachary.B on July 23, 2023, 10:56:44 PMForgive me for my ignorance as I am new, but are the recipes in the book intended to be part of talossan culture? Or is it meant to be a talossan written standardized cook book integrating culture that is not talossan? Again sorry for ignorance as I am trying to learn more of the kingdom

That's a great question. It's really just a collection of Talossan's favorite recipes. But there are a few which are indeed Talossan. In all of our volumes, I would say @Iason Taiwos is the most reliable contributor of truly Talossan cuisine.

Also, please feel free to submit a recipe or two for Volume 4!


Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Bråneu Excelsio

Quote from: Zacrïeu Sverdeu on July 23, 2023, 10:56:44 PMForgive me for my ignorance as I am new, but are the recipes in the book intended to be part of talossan culture? Or is it meant to be a talossan written standardized cook book integrating culture that is not talossan? Again sorry for ignorance as I am trying to learn more of the kingdom

I just made it into the 3rd volume with a beverage we serve (and we came up with) in my coffee shop.
As it isn't particularly traditional from where I live and no one actually serves it but us, and I'm a Talossan, I consider it now a Talossan beverage :)
Fiován.

Yanier

Es excepcional estás recetas muy diversas yn gustos , sabores y oloer un verdadero manjar la cultura culinaria talossana