[Finance] Patriot Points are Back with Fabulous Prizes!

Started by Ian Plätschisch, November 11, 2021, 04:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

Azul all,

The Kingdom's treasuries could, as usual, stand to be replenished. We are aiming to raise $200, and our ability to raise this amount will influence our decision to proceed on various projects, such as John Eiffler commemorative stamps.

For every $1 you donate to the Kingdom or spend on coins or stamps, you will receive one Patriot Point. Let me know in this thread or in a private message, and I will update the table below to reflect your contribution. At the end of the program, the top contributors will receive various honors to be determined later.

To make this program even more enticing, every time you earn 10 Patriot Points, I will eat a sandwich with ingredients of your choice (as long as they aren't too weird) and post pictures of the experience here. For context: https://talossa.proboards.com/thread/12906/prime-ministry-52pd2-websites-day

Contributors:
1. Sir X Pol Briga - 25
2. Miestră Schivă - 10
2. Ian Plätschisch - 10

xpb

I just kicked in $25 via the contribute link at talossa.com.  I would like you to eat one "red" and one "green" sandwich.  You can put what you like on each of them just so that it's very red maybe with beets or rare beef, or green with real or fake wasabi, pickles, kale whatever.  Could even create a couple flag sandwiches I suppose.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: xpb on November 12, 2021, 11:29:17 AM
I just kicked in $25 via the contribute link at talossa.com.  I would like you to eat one "red" and one "green" sandwich.  You can put what you like on each of them just so that it's very red maybe with beets or rare beef, or green with real or fake wasabi, pickles, kale whatever.  Could even create a couple flag sandwiches I suppose.
Green sandwich:
-Spinach
-Avacado
-Pickles
-Green peppers
-Dried seaweed with wasabe
-Turkey (unfortunately not green)

Review: Pretty bad. I added too much avacado so the entire sandwich was a bit soggy, and the avacado flavor clashed with the pickles. The seaweed made my kitchen smell like the fish section of a pet shop.

Red sandwich:
-Chorizo
-Red peppers
-Sundried tomatoes
-Doritos
-Pepper hoagie spread
-Raspberry jam

Review: Pretty good actually. A quite nice balance between sweet and spicy.

xpb

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on November 27, 2021, 02:10:15 PM
All right, I believe I just clocked up 10 points. Your choice between a Chow Mein sandwich and a pork sausage and marmalade sandwich.
Thank you for giving me an actual sandwich. That is probably why it is by far the best I've had.

Unlike the chorizo I bought for XPB's red sandwich, I accidentally bought some sausage this time that I had to cook myself. That was a little bit of a hurdle because I do not know how to cook. Luckily the instructions were clear enough that I hopefully did not give myself food poisoning.

Ian Plätschisch

Just kicked in $10 and celebrated with a peanut butter and nutella sandwich with banana and honey.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Azul,

As I now have access to financial information as the Interim Burgermeister, I am beginning to compile information on voluntary contributions and the like so I can update the Patriot Points program. I would ask that I be given time to work on this as I have to sift through information and determine who made the payments, for how much, etc. This is going to be quite a task to update so some mercy is begged to allow me time. I don't know precisely when this task will be completed, but rest assured I am beginning the process.

Thanks,
Txec
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on August 26, 2022, 09:44:56 AM
Azul,

As I now have access to financial information as the Interim Burgermeister, I am beginning to compile information on voluntary contributions and the like so I can update the Patriot Points program. I would ask that I be given time to work on this as I have to sift through information and determine who made the payments, for how much, etc. This is going to be quite a task to update so some mercy is begged to allow me time. I don't know precisely when this task will be completed, but rest assured I am beginning the process.

Thanks,
Txec

The Finance Ministry was delivered a terpelaziun on August 2, 2022 concerning the Patriot Points program. This inquiry was voluntarily delayed until contact could be made with the former Burgermeister and the transfer completed. This appears to have been completed on or around August 24, 2022 after approximately 22 days. We are now nearing Week 4 which is well past the usual 7-day turnaround to a terpelaziun.

I will delay the posting of the follow-up terpelaziun to the Finance Ministry by one week which will delay the start of the week-long reply clock. So you will have an additional two weeks which will take the reply deadline to around September 14, 2022. This will bring the total time elapsed since this inquiry was initially lodged to approximately 43 days.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Senator,

I have no issue with your Terpelaziun to the Finance Minister, however I would hope a little more grace would be given as I have only just taken over the responsibilities of the treasury. It is outside my control if the former Burgermeister didn't respond until earlier this week. We also had issues until literally this morning of fully accessing some of the financial records. Do what you must, but time is required on my end.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on August 26, 2022, 10:18:37 AM
Senator,

I have no issue with your Terpelaziun to the Finance Minister, however I would hope a little more grace would be given as I have only just taken over the responsibilities of the treasury. It is outside my control if the former Burgermeister didn't respond until earlier this week. We also had issues until literally this morning of fully accessing some of the financial records. Do what you must, but time is required on my end.

Thank you. I am simply making you aware of the time which has already passed in complying with this request as that is an indication of grace already given. September 14, 2022 is the likely deadline for the Finance Ministry.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 26, 2022, 10:25:07 AM
Senator,

Thank you. I am simply making you aware of the time which has already passed in complying with this request as that is an indication of grace already given. September 14, 2022 is the likely deadline for the Finance Ministry.

I am doing my best Senator. Thank you.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on August 26, 2022, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on August 26, 2022, 10:25:07 AM
Senator,

I am doing my best Senator. Thank you.

Your past performance does not lead me to believe otherwise, Mr. Secretary.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ok this took far less time that I thought. There may be some minor errors, so my apologies if I miss one. I'll look into any discrepancies.

Açafat del Val 5 points
*Breneir Tzaracomprada 70 points
Eiric Börnatfiglheu 10 points
Éovart Grischun 10 points
Glüc da Dhi 10 points
Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h 37 points
Iason Taiwos 10 points
Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial 10 points
Mic'haglh Autófil 10 points
Miestrâ Schivâ 30 points
Mitchel Paul 8 points
Munditenens (Dien) Tresplet 35 points
Sir X. Pol Briga 50 points
Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù 10 points

*Updated with newer data
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on August 26, 2022, 12:53:50 PM
Ok this took far less time that I thought. There may be some minor errors, so my apologies if I miss one. I'll look into any discrepancies.

Açafat del Val 5 points
Breneir Tzaracomprada 85 points
Eiric Börnatfiglheu 10 points
Éovart Grischun 10 points
Glüc da Dhi 10 points
Gödafrïeu Válcadác'h 37 points
Iason Taiwos 10 points
Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial 10 points
Mic'haglh Autófil 10 points
Miestrâ Schivâ 30 points
Mitchel Paul 8 points
Munditenens (Dien) Tresplet 35 points
Sir X. Pol Briga 50 points
Txosuè Éiric Rôibeardescù 10 points

Mr. Secretary, this task was completed with truly remarkable alacrity! Superb work, thank you!

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight