News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Provincial anthem?

Started by Barclamïu da Miéletz, March 19, 2024, 03:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Bentxamì Puntmasleu on March 30, 2024, 02:47:50 PMThe lyrics of Vuode's provincial anthem uphold the supposed virtues of Robert Ben Madison (who, at the time of the writing, was no longer king (between his first and second reigns) but serving as Premier of Vuode) against the republicanism of Dan Lorentz and Bob Murphy. Oddly, the music is set to La Marseillaise.

We should probably get around to changing it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Maybe I could help by composing my own music.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

If @þerxh Sant-Enogat and @Bentxamì Puntmasleu will like the idea of me composing the music, then it's settled.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

þerxh Sant-Enogat

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 30, 2024, 05:42:17 PMIf @þerxh Sant-Enogat and @Bentxamì Puntmasleu will like the idea of me composing the music, then it's settled.
Excellent idea !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
þerxh Sant-Enogat, SMC, MC
Seneschal, Minister of Immigration, Minister of STUFF,
Sénéchal de Cézembre,
Duceu del TNC / Congreßeu Naziunal da Talossa
Former Prospective Citizen

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: þerxh Sant-Enogat on March 30, 2024, 05:52:10 PM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on March 30, 2024, 05:42:17 PMIf @þerxh Sant-Enogat and @Bentxamì Puntmasleu will like the idea of me composing the music, then it's settled.
Excellent idea !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean I do have some musical knowledge. I can nearly perfectly replicate songs in GarageBand sicne I have gotten an iPad from my school. Before that I have done it in BandLab, and before that, I had a looper hooked up to my keyboard (the musical instrument) and made the music using that.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

So I guess it's settled then. I'm composing the melody to the anthem myself. Give me some time.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

xpb

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 04, 2024, 01:42:21 PMSo I guess it's settled then. I'm composing the melody to the anthem myself. Give me some time.

That is an excellent development!  I'm sure your creativity will shine through. 

One idea for the lyrics might be to have a blend of Talossan, French, and English lyrics?  Perhaps echoes in the different languages (similar to the Beatles "Michelle") or just words used as is (similar to Talking Heads "Psycho Killer")

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: xpb on April 07, 2024, 08:52:33 AM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 04, 2024, 01:42:21 PMSo I guess it's settled then. I'm composing the melody to the anthem myself. Give me some time.

One idea for the lyrics might be to have a blend of Talossan, French, and English lyrics?  Perhaps echoes in the different languages (similar to the Beatles "Michelle") or just words used as is (similar to Talking Heads "Psycho Killer")

Or make a trilingual version. Just like Belgium.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

I could also be like Liechtenstein which uses the British anthem's melody but higher pitched.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 07, 2024, 09:56:26 AM

I could also be like Liechtenstein which uses the British anthem's melody but higher pitched.
I'll maybe do that. I'll just pitch the instrumental up and maybe alter it a little bit.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Did some tinkering with the audio.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on April 07, 2024, 12:51:28 PMDid some tinkering with the audio.
@þerxh Sant-Enogat @xpb I know I didn't compose it myself. I couldn't bring a melody together. So I just went Liechtenstein and pitched up the melody. As I said, I have also altered a bit by slowing it down and extending the end.

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

xpb

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Quote from: xpb on April 08, 2024, 11:03:06 PMI stumbled around with a Fanfare to go with the anthem using Musescore

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15dz9fhHGgjYAqYN8urENvq9f4CbX3pOh/view?usp=sharing is the 12 bars for brass

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qIwZFArd9a45UKHZ1AsPRmPCDMli2hoZ/view?usp=sharing is a synthetic performance

Noticed it's in C major. The melody was pitched up from F major to F# major, so I'll have to pitch the fanfare to F# major as well (I AM going to use it, sounds good)

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Barclamïu da Miéletz

Once again, who will translate the lyrics to Talossan and French? My vision is three separate versions for some more local (?) occasions and a trilingual version for more official occasions.

Barclamïu da Miéletz