News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Wittenberg upgraded to SMF 2.1.2

Started by Sir Lüc, September 19, 2022, 06:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Lüc

Hello all, hope the UI change hasn't thrown you off too much.

We've upgraded Witt to SMF 2.1.2, which has understandably caused our old themes, the Discord embed and some mods to stop working. This was expected and nothing to worry about -- I just need time to sort stuff out.

I need to stop and take a break now, so I'll write more later as I continue working on the upgrade. Note that I don't expect Witt will need to be taken down again so you're all safe to keep using it.

Please use this thread for questions, feedback, comment, criticism and the like.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Thank you Luc for your hard work on this. And for keeping us abreast of developments.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Of course!

Ok, all modifications we were using should now be either upgraded or no longer necessary. You'll also see the Discord shoutbox integration is back. I additionally managed to recover all "likes" as recorded by the old plugin to the new native function.

Another thing that is now native to SMF is mentions, so you folks should probably test that and tell me if they're working for you. I don't think I've used them much so idk what changed.

So what's left now is fixing anything that's broken (please report anything here so I can get to it), and working on the new themes.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Bråneu Excelsio

Is this the first mention ever on the upgraded Witt?:

@Lüc

Edit:
I've now seen that it doesn't show up if a Post was edited.
Don't know if it was better the other way.

Will we be able to get the "latest 59" back @luc?
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on September 19, 2022, 01:02:44 PMWill we be able to get the "latest 59" back @luc?

Sure! That might happen only when the new theme is brought in though, I need to check how I implemented it in the old version.

Quote from: Bråneu Excelsio on September 19, 2022, 12:46:53 PMEdit:
I've now seen that it doesn't show up if a Post was edited.
Don't know if it was better the other way.

Weird, I'll see if it's perhaps some new setting misbehaving.

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on September 19, 2022, 01:05:50 PMHmmm I didn't get an alert.

I've checked and browser alerts for mentions are on, but I didn't receive one either. I used to receive email alerts but apparently the new default is that they're off.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Actually, "Unread posts" seems to work better for me than Latest 59 ever did, so I hope we can keep both!

This is probably a good place to point out that Lüc has also been helping out getting some of the backend functionality of talossa.com, which Eðo had set up but had broken for some odd reason, working again.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

I'm sure I will get used to it but as of right now I am not a fan of the new layout.
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Bråneu Excelsio

After like 5 visits today I'm fond of the Unread Posts button too.

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on September 19, 2022, 03:43:48 PMActually, "Unread posts" seems to work better for me than Latest 59 ever did, so I hope we can keep both!

That'd work for me also!
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on September 19, 2022, 04:28:28 PMI'm sure I will get used to it but as of right now I am not a fan of the new layout.
Oh yeah, this is literally 100% vanilla SMF, I fully intend to bring back something similar to the old layout relatively soon. Like I said though, the old theme will not work with the new version, so I'll have to create a new theme from scratch and that requires a fair bit of time and effort.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time: