News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Wittenberg upgraded to SMF 2.1.2

Started by Sir Lüc, September 19, 2022, 06:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

@Lüc unfortunately I am still getting a 403 Forbidden message when making changes to my profile.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Sir Lüc

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 20, 2022, 12:45:52 PM@Lüc unfortunately I am still getting a 403 Forbidden message when making changes to my profile.

This is the first I hear of it. Do you mean *any* changes to your profile, like, just hitting "change profile" to save does that? Or does that trigger only when you change a specific field?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB
Directeur Sportif, Gordon Hiatus Support Team

In my free time:
Túischac'h dal Cosă / Speaker of the Cosa
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend
Deputy Scribe of Abbavilla / Distain Grefieir d'Abbavillă

Sir Lüc

Oh, Btw! I totally forgot. A big reason why I insisted on doing the update was because SMF 2.1.2 adds Two Factors Authentication (2FA) support. I strongly recommend enabling this feature, on Witt and anywhere else that supports it (also, prefer using authenticator apps to SMS codes).
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:
Wittmeister & Permanent Secretary of Backend Admin / Secretar Parmanint per l'Aðmistraziun del Backend

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Quote from: Lüc on September 21, 2022, 03:11:53 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 20, 2022, 12:45:52 PM@Lüc unfortunately I am still getting a 403 Forbidden message when making changes to my profile.

This is the first I hear of it. Do you mean *any* changes to your profile, like, just hitting "change profile" to save does that? Or does that trigger only when you change a specific field?

I tried replicating his error code once but didn't have an issue. I think, if I remember correctly, he is trying to update his picture?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on September 21, 2022, 07:38:38 AM

I tried replicating his error code once but didn't have an issue. I think, if I remember correctly, he is trying to update his picture?

Yes, that is correct! For some reason, when I go to update the profile pictures it tells me it is verboten. I am going to try and edit something else now as a test.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Lüc on September 21, 2022, 03:18:30 AMOh, Btw! I totally forgot. A big reason why I insisted on doing the update was because SMF 2.1.2 adds Two Factors Authentication (2FA) support. I strongly recommend enabling this feature, on Witt and anywhere else that supports it (also, prefer using authenticator apps to SMS codes).

Thanks for the reminder. I've implemented it on my account.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 21, 2022, 07:42:13 AM

Yes, that is correct! For some reason, when I go to update the profile pictures it tells me it is verboten. I am going to try and edit something else now as a test.

Just tried to edit my signature and that failed as well unfortunately.
Something else I wanted to broach, is it possible to have a nonbinary option for gender? We currently have male, female, and none.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Witt really doesn't want to update the "Stoic Brenier pose" 😂
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Dr. Txec dal Nordselvă, GST on September 21, 2022, 07:44:04 AM

Witt really doesn't want to update the "Stoic Brenier pose" 😂

;D

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 21, 2022, 07:43:44 AMSomething else I wanted to broach, is it possible to have a nonbinary option for gender? We currently have male, female, and none.

I think so, but I took a look and I'm not sure how to implement that. Luc might know.
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
Cunstaval da Vuode
Former Seneschal

Sir Lüc

Very weird that you'd receive a 403 from editing any field. I could have understood if maybe folder permissions were wrong and it wouldn't let the software save your picture, but I don't even think that would be a 403, PHP would complain, not your browser. The error log has nothing related to that either.
I'm at a loss, honestly, especially since nobody else seems to be able to replicate it. You wouldn't happen to be using any uncommon extension, or maybe a VPN? Also perhaps post the exact address that triggers the 403?

As for an option for nonbinary gender, I did randomly spot while updating mods that SMF changed how it handles gender, so it was just a matter of minutes to add it. Thanks for bringing it up! (I also changed "None" to the more accurate "Not specified"? Like, agender is a thing, but I don't think that's what SMF meant.)
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

Stumbled on a possible fix for the 403. Try again, @Breneir Tzaracomprada ?
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Sir Lüc

One more thing: alerts for quotes and mentions are on the topmost bar. You don't get a popup notification though. (Maybe you need to enable them in your browser?)

I'll try to make them more visible in the new theme.
Sir Lüc da Schir, UrB

In my free time:

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight