News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Resignation as Poet Laureate

Started by Óïn Ursüm, November 12, 2022, 06:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Óïn Ursüm

S:reu Seneschal,

Having served the nation as Poet Laureate since 2013 I have had the wonderful opportunity to document Talossan life through verse, and to witness the flourishing of national poetry as we have seen in the recent contest organized by Breneir Tzaracomprada.

The time has come to pass the torch to a new voice, with a fresh perspective on this new decade of Talossanity. I am confident that Talossa remains a wellspring of creativity: an infinite canvas on which red and green dreams are written.

I am hereby announcing my resignation as Poet Laureate, and I recommend that you appoint a new qualified candidate in my stead, perhaps informed by the results of recent poetry contests.  :)

Restéu, V.S.Q.B.V.M.

Óïn Ursüm

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Óïn Ursüm on November 12, 2022, 06:21:26 AMS:reu Seneschal,

Having served the nation as Poet Laureate since 2013 I have had the wonderful opportunity to document Talossan life through verse, and to witness the flourishing of national poetry as we have seen in the recent contest organized by Breneir Tzaracomprada.

The time has come to pass the torch to a new voice, with a fresh perspective on this new decade of Talossanity. I am confident that Talossa remains a wellspring of creativity: an infinite canvas on which red and green dreams are written.

I am hereby announcing my resignation as Poet Laureate, and I recommend that you appoint a new qualified candidate in my stead, perhaps informed by the results of recent poetry contests.  :)

Restéu, V.S.Q.B.V.M.

Óïn Ursüm

Óïn, thank you for your many years of excellent service to the nation as poet laureate! I hope your work will be long-aporeciated and that your next endeavor is one filled with challenge and enjoyment.

Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Dame Litz Cjantscheir, UrN

Thank you Óïn for all your fantastic work over these last 9 years! 

Whoever is lucky enough to fill this role next has big poetic shoes to fill!
Litz Cjantscheir LLB, LLM
Senior Justice/Judge of the Cort Pü Inalt

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Seneschal @Ian Plätschisch

I have confirmed @Carlüs Éovart Vilaçafat the current winner of the 2nd El Pretz Per Tomas Prize is interested in the newly vacant position of Poet Laureate should he be judged suitable by the necessary authorities. As a co-judge of the Per Tomas Prize and a former winner as well I publicly recommend him for the position.
I reiterate my thanks to S:reu Ursum for his near decade of national service in the position as well.

Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Seneschal @Ian Plätschisch

I am not exactly sure on the process for appointing a new poet laureate but I wanted to alert you to at least one recommendation.

Breneir

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

I can confirm that I have been working closely with the rest of the cabinet since soon after S:reu Ursüm's resignation. Expect an announcement from the Ministry of Culture soon.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on November 16, 2022, 01:22:49 PMI can confirm that I have been working closely with the rest of the cabinet since soon after S:reu Ursüm's resignation. Expect an announcement from the Ministry of Culture soon.

Noted. Thank you.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ián Tamorán S.H.

Is the post of Poet Laureate open to anyone who *can* write poetry, or someone who *does* write poetry?
My (personal) opinion is that it should be "does" rather than just "can".
And whoever is appointed - learn well from your predecessor.
Quality through Thought
Turris Fortis Mihi Deus

Think the best, say the best, and you will be the best.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Ián Tamorán S.H. on November 17, 2022, 03:22:22 AMIs the post of Poet Laureate open to anyone who *can* write poetry, or someone who *does* write poetry?
My (personal) opinion is that it should be "does" rather than just "can".
And whoever is appointed - learn well from your predecessor.

I agree. I mean I can write poetry but I wouldn't say I am good at it so I would not be a good choice. It should be someone who actually does write poetry (preferably someone who has been published in some way)
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Tric'hard and Ian, I agree with you both. And am thankful that we have at least one recommendation among Talossans who "do" write poetry, clearly. However, as a published poet myself I do not support a requirement that the poet laureate be published. Some process wherein the work of a potential laureate is reviewed might be sufficient to establish the nominee "does" poetry.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight