News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Talossan Election

Started by Tric'hard Lenxheir, January 17, 2023, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Hey everyone don't forget to vote in the ongoing elections! If you are a citizen of Vuode please consider voting for Tric'hard Lenxheir for Senate! I support the TNC (for the most part) but with that being said I do support some sort of monarchy reform as a way of keeping our King more active in the countries affairs. No matter how you vote it is important that you take the time to vote!!! Good luck to all of the candidates and parties involved and here is to a peaceful, harmonious and enjoyable 58th Cosa!
Tric'hard Lenxheir (Senator-TNC)

https://ibb.co/3z5vFjn][/url

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Yes, hello. Not a Vuode citizen, but curious: have you got any ideas for "keeping the King more active"? Because we've been trying for at least 7 years, and nothing works, up to and including threats of revolution.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 17, 2023, 02:12:21 PMYes, hello. Not a Vuode citizen, but curious: have you got any ideas for "keeping the King more active"? Because we've been trying for at least 7 years, and nothing works, up to and including threats of revolution.

I have discussed the issue within the party even suggesting that some sort of regularly scheduled vote be taken, sort of a "vote of confidence" I think the biggest issue comes down to how often such a vote should happen.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 02:32:55 PMI have discussed the issue within the party even suggesting that some sort of regularly scheduled vote be taken, sort of a "vote of confidence" I think the biggest issue comes down to how often such a vote should happen.

The Free Democrat proposal was 7 years, which the current TNC leadership did everything they could to defeat. I wonder what your personal position is.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 17, 2023, 02:37:30 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 02:32:55 PMI have discussed the issue within the party even suggesting that some sort of regularly scheduled vote be taken, sort of a "vote of confidence" I think the biggest issue comes down to how often such a vote should happen.

The Free Democrat proposal was 7 years, which the current TNC leadership did everything they could to defeat. I wonder what your personal position is.

I favor 7-10 years but in truth I doubt that something like this would ever get passed my parties leadership. I do support the monarchy, it is one of the reasons I joined the "Kingdom" of Talossa. If I did not favor the monarchy I likely would have searched for a micronation that was not a kingdom.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 08:51:09 PM

I favor 7-10 years but in truth I doubt that something like this would ever get passed my parties leadership. I do support the monarchy, it is one of the reasons I joined the "Kingdom" of Talossa. If I did not favor the monarchy I likely would have searched for a micronation that was not a kingdom.
How would you vote if this question came up?

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 17, 2023, 08:55:58 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 08:51:09 PM

How would you vote if this question came up?

I have gone as far as suggesting it during private discussions within the party, I have suggested a compromise on the length of time between such votes, I recommended to my party that we should make an effort to suggest a 10 year period. I will say that the party is pretty adamantly opposed to such a referendum which while I disagree, I understand their position. They strongly support the monarchy, as do I, but I also think the King should be among the most active citizens.

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 09:31:29 PMI have gone as far as suggesting it during private discussions within the party, I have suggested a compromise on the length of time between such votes, I recommended to my party that we should make an effort to suggest a 10 year period. I will say that the party is pretty adamantly opposed to such a referendum which while I disagree, I understand their position. They strongly support the monarchy, as do I, but I also think the King should be among the most active citizens.
It sounds like we agree on this issue much more than we disagree.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 17, 2023, 09:40:11 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 09:31:29 PMI have gone as far as suggesting it during private discussions within the party, I have suggested a compromise on the length of time between such votes, I recommended to my party that we should make an effort to suggest a 10 year period. I will say that the party is pretty adamantly opposed to such a referendum which while I disagree, I understand their position. They strongly support the monarchy, as do I, but I also think the King should be among the most active citizens.
It sounds like we agree on this issue much more than we disagree.

Yes and no, the FreeDems would like to see the monarchy completely removed, I would just prefer to see a more active King. I have not been around to see the full history of Talossa but I do know that it is called the "Kingdom" of Talossa which leaves me wondering why people who are completely opposed to the monarchy would choose to join in the first place. I also realize that losing some of the FreeDems would be a bad thing as there are some good people among the parties ranks who would choose to debate the issue and perhaps to try and force some sort of change through legislation but unfortunately there are some on both sides who quite easily fall into the trap of name calling, insults and mudslinging. These kinds of actions generally will not lead to any sort of agreement. I actually almost left Talossa after my first few months because of the bickering I was witnessing, I found it very distressing and much to close to the political atmosphere in the United States. Talossa should be an exercise in proper debate, without the insults, it should be a fun place, a place people want to visit daily to see what is going on, a place where people who may be highly intelligent and would make fantastic leaders in the outside world can practice their skills without having to worry about the financial aspects of politics in the larger world. I am not the most intelligent person in the world...not even close...but I am capable of sitting back and viewing both sides of a debate and making an informed decision. I can be a bit emotional (as evidenced by my bill attempting to declare war on Russia LOL) but it takes a lot to get me angry, and even more to make me lash out at someone.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 09:54:40 PMTalossa should be an exercise in proper debate, without the insults, it should be a fun place, a place people want to visit daily to see what is going on, a place where people who may be highly intelligent and would make fantastic leaders in the outside world can practice their skills without having to worry about the financial aspects of politics in the larger world. I am not the most intelligent person in the world...not even close...but I am capable of sitting back and viewing both sides of a debate and making an informed decision. I can be a bit emotional (as evidenced by my bill attempting to declare war on Russia LOL) but it takes a lot to get me angry, and even more to make me lash out at someone.
Hear hear!
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 09:54:40 PMthe FreeDems would like to see the monarchy completely removed

That's not true at all. The Free Democrats want this King removed, but replaced. Did someone tell you that we want to abolish the monarchy? Some of us do; it's not party policy. We have always been a party of compromise between Monarchists and Republicans - although of course every compromise we offer gets rejected as "unacceptable republicanism" by our opponents.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 09:54:40 PMI do know that it is called the "Kingdom" of Talossa which leaves me wondering why people who are completely opposed to the monarchy would choose to join in the first place.
QuoteThese kinds of actions generally will not lead to any sort of agreement.

No offence, you seem like a straight-up guy. But you know what else will not lead to any sort of agreement? Suggesting that people with certain political beliefs do not belong in Talossa. Sadly, I've been hearing that said since Reunision, which brought Republican and Monarchist Talossa together. I was the Republican leader who made that happen on our side, I spent 3 terms as Kingdom Seneschal working with King John (which is what qualifies me to say that he's not qualified for the job any more). I have been involved in Talossa for more than 25 years.  To still hear a political opinion that people like me don't belong here makes me feel ill.

Again, no offence, but I thought you would appreciate honesty about hurt feelings.

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on January 17, 2023, 10:55:35 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 17, 2023, 09:54:40 PMthe FreeDems would like to see the monarchy completely removed

That's not true at all. The Free Democrats want this King removed, but replaced. Did someone tell you that we want to abolish the monarchy? Some of us do; it's not party policy. We have always been a party of compromise between Monarchists and Republicans - although of course every compromise we offer gets rejected as "unacceptable republicanism" by our opponents.

My thoughts are based upon the posts of the most active party members from the FreeDems

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 18, 2023, 12:56:41 PM

My thoughts are based upon the posts of the most active party members from the FreeDems
🤔

Tric'hard Lenxheir

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on January 18, 2023, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: Tric'hard Lenxheir on January 18, 2023, 12:56:41 PM

🤔

Simply put Ian, some of the FreeDems are blatantly and openly opposed to the monarchy, many it seems are opposed to it in any manner while some seem as if they would support it but ONLY if it was a King (or Queen) who supported their personal views. That is not how a monarchy works. Obviously there are mechanisms in place to remove royalty in the Talossan law, it is difficult (as it should be) but with that being said I would support a change to the laws requiring the King to face the vote of the people every 10 years, I think removal should only happen based upon a multi-tier vote that requires AT LEAST 75% of the people, 75% of the Cosa and 75% of the Senate. This would be difficult to achieve and it should be difficult. The United States has a system called impeachment and in all honesty I think that system is too easy. While removal isn't easy the actual impeachment is extremely easy and is used way too much these days (since Bill Clinton) as a way of attacking the duly elected leader(s) in an overtly political way. I do not want to see Talossa slide into the same trap. If removal was easy the FreeDems could (and likely would) install a king that backs them completely, the same is true if the roles were reversed, and the TNC took control of the elected government they could (and probably would) install a king that supports them. While I agree that the King should be apolitical that is not realistic. Everyone has personal opinions and views and any king would be driven to impose their opinions and views on the nation. The king would likely believe that the views he imposed were for the good of the nation, the opposition would disagree obviously. I am not a scholar on Talossan law (I'm not a scholar on anything LOL) but I must assume that there is some sort of mechanism in place wherein the Cosa, Senate or Cort could override the kings imposition of a law if it is deemed to be destructive or unconstitutional but perhaps I am wrong on that. I must say that I have enjoyed this conversation as it has remained very cordial and civil. Thank you for that.