[Terpelaziun] Immigration Minister - July 2022

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, July 10, 2022, 08:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Mr. Túischac'h:

This terpelaziun is for the Immigration Minister. In last month's inquiry the Minister stated the following in his response: "Unfortunately there is not the personnel right now to do anything more official." As we are in the second montg of his administration, can the Minister please update the Ziu on the current status of the TalossAssistant program and any additional efforts to recruit needed personnel?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

The needed personnel is unlikely to exist.

We will continue the policy of assigning TalossAssistants on an informal basis.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 10, 2022, 08:35:47 PM
The needed personnel is unlikely to exist.

We will continue the policy of assigning TalossAssistants on an informal basis.

Is this finding on the basis of any additional efforts to find additional personnel?

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

The finding is on the basis that for the past several governments, the success rate for filing purely bureaucratic positions has been approximately 0%.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 10, 2022, 08:43:01 PM
The finding is on the basis that for the past several governments, the success rate for filing purely bureaucratic positions has been approximately 0%.

That is not what I asked though. I asked what you have done. And I am still waiting for that answer.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 10, 2022, 08:44:19 PM

That is not what I asked though. I asked what you have done. And I am still waiting for that answer.
S:reu Túischac'h,

The honorable member does not seem to realize that his follow-up was a yes-or-no question, which I answered in the negative.

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Ian Plätschisch on July 10, 2022, 08:49:11 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on July 10, 2022, 08:44:19 PM

S:reu Túischac'h,

The honorable member does not seem to realize that his follow-up was a yes-or-no question, which I answered in the negative.

Alright, for the record, I'll take that as no efforts have been made to secure the additional personnel you stated were needed to fully revamp the TalossAssistant program. 

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

It's been something like six months since I signed up as a TalossAssistant again, and I haven't heard a word.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on July 10, 2022, 09:14:56 PM
It's been something like six months since I signed up as a TalossAssistant again, and I haven't heard a word.
I would like to ask the Túischac'h for decorum, as this is not an relevant comment for a Terp thread from another member.

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Most Honourable Seneschal, my comment is neither discourteous nor off-topic, but instead is entirely pertinent to the discussion at hand.  Terpelaziuns have never been treated as private discussions between an MZ and a member of the Government.  Further, there are very few privileged discussions at all within these halls that are not open to all MZs in good standing.

Should an MZ become rude or begin discussions matters not pertinent to the discussion at hand, or attempting to demand answers beyond those required by law, I will of course intervene to preserve the decorum of the Ziu -- even including my own behavior, if I find myself a bit over-enthusiastic.  But I am not aware of any precedent, law, or custom which suggests that members of the Government are immune to pertinent criticism when discussing their work with Members of the Ziu.

Please do not take this as anything more than a consideration of your specific request, and do not hesitate to ask for decorum in the future whenever you believe I or any other MZ is damaging that standard.  I believe you to be speaking with good faith, and thank you for it.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein

Ian Plätschisch

It appears that the Túischac'h and I have a disagreement on how to interpret Lex.H.2. I will not press the issue further (that would just be annoying).