[CULTURE/AFAES GLHEÞEASCAS] How can we help learners?

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, August 25, 2022, 04:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

The Government's Programme has stated that "we will work with SIGN to create new Talossan language learning materials and to create both translated and original literature." Yesterday, in my capacity as Deputy Minister of Culture for Language Shenanigans, I talked to the SIGN leader about how we might start the process of building "Talossan 101" materials for people who're just absolute newcomers to language learning.

We agreed that the best thing we could think of was to revise the existing "master document" for the current iteration of our national language, Las Recomendăs - not for content, but for making it easy to understand for beginners. Obviously neither cxhn. Tafial nor I are the right people to do this ourselves, as "language nerds" who can tell a verb mood from a verb tense and an enclitic pronoun from an emphatic pronoun. If we want to get the broad masses of the Kingdom interested in learning, we need to find out ways to express this in "normal human being" language.

So what I am suggesting is: everyone with an interest in learning Talossan, and in particular those new to language learning or linguistics jargon, please read through Las Recomendăs and tell us - what is confusing for you? what do you need explained in words of one syllable?

¿Toct clar?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Fora Talossa, Talossa's news and educational outlet, has an ongoing series, indeed, called Talossan 101 :) with contributions from @Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial (with our deep gratitude). Three videos, so far, please check 'em out. Fourth coming soon. :)

We welcome the opportunity to continue this series as a part of this or other efforts to help Talossan language learners.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Audrada Roibeardet

I'd love to learn Talossan but I have no idea what any Las Recomendas says. I see a lot of words that my brain can't comprehend.

Trying to learn a language from a written guide is impossible for me. I need to hear the language being spoken in order for me to get it.

Fora Talossa does a decent job of providing audio lessons. I'm a big fan of Fora Talossa and what they're doing but the audio stuff is just decent...and not very helpful. I'd like a more conversational approach to learning Talossan.

I doubt this is at all helpful but I thought I'd chime in.