The Responsibility Reassignment Act

Started by Breneir Tzaracomprada, June 17, 2023, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Whereas, most offices of the Royal Civil Service are assigned to a responsible minister, and

Whereas, this usually follows a pattern of portfolio relevance to the associated ministry, and

Whereas, based on this pattern ministerial responsibility for the Royal Archivist seems better suited for STUFF rather than Immigration.

Therefore, be it enacted, that El Lexhatx C.2 which currently reads:

QuoteWith the exception of the Secretary of State and the Permanent Secretaries, every Office of the Royal Civil Service shall be assigned to a responsible Minister of the Government as named below, to report and consult concerning the conduct of their office as and when requested, necessary or useful. Officers are not subject to the direction of their responsible Minister except as required by Organic and statutory law. The Scribe of Abbavilla shall be responsible to the Attorney-General, the Royal Archivist to the Minister of Immigration, the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to the Minister of Finance, and the President of the Royal Society and the Poet Laureate to the Minister of Culture.

Is amended to read:

QuoteWith the exception of the Secretary of State and the Permanent Secretaries, every Office of the Royal Civil Service shall be assigned to a responsible Minister of the Government as named below, to report and consult concerning the conduct of their office as and when requested, necessary or useful. Officers are not subject to the direction of their responsible Minister except as required by Organic and statutory law. The Scribe of Abbavilla shall be responsible to the Attorney-General, the Royal Archivist to the STUFF Minister, the Burgermeister of Inland Revenue to the Minister of Finance, and the President of the Royal Society and the Poet Laureate to the Minister of Culture.

Uréu q'estadra så:
Breneir Tzaracomprada (Minister of Immigration)

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

I don't have any principled objection to this, except for a vague memory that we argued for this for a reason, back in the day. Has the Senator examined the Hopper thread on the original law?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 17, 2023, 04:57:31 PMI don't have any principled objection to this, except for a vague memory that we argued for this for a reason, back in the day. Has the Senator examined the Hopper thread on the original law?

I have not, thanks Miestra. I will take a look.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Just reviewed the four pages of the hopper thread over on Proboards. It was assigned to the then-Interior Ministry.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Makes sense. I would say, given that, that the correct oversight minister would be STUFF, because it comes more under STUFF's rubric of "producing informative texts about the Kingdom"

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Breneir Tzaracomprada

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on June 18, 2023, 04:01:56 PMMakes sense. I would say, given that, that the correct oversight minister would be STUFF, because it comes more under STUFF's rubric of "producing informative texts about the Kingdom"

That is a good idea. I will make the change now.

Distain, MC
Fighting the good fight