News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Breneir Tzaracomprada

#1
El Funal/The Hopper / Re: The Good & Welfare Act
Yesterday at 11:00:29 PM
Quote from: Françal I. Lux on September 30, 2026, 05:32:10 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on September 29, 2026, 11:10:13 PM@Françal I. Lux Finance Minister, what do you think of this idea? I have made a couple of posts on the matter because I think the Kingdom being able to respond in some official way, even if it is small, would be a meaningful aspect of Talossan citizenship. I acknowledge a lack of legislation does not prohibit it from happening but legislative endorsement would not be a bad thing.

-------

Whereas, the Finance Minister is authorized by El Lex D.2.8.8. "to create, manage, and promote a voluntary fundraising campaign to the citizens of Talossa and other interested parties each year," and

Whereas, recent news of Talossans experiencing illness or grief ignites a desire for official acts of solidarity and kindness by their government, and

Whereas, such official acts of solidarity and kindness while small and limited can be a meaningful contribution to the good and welfare of Talossa's citizens.

Therefore, be it resolved, by the Ziu of the Kingdom of Talossa that the Finance Ministry is encouraged to promote a voluntary fundraising campaign for the purpose of establishing a Good & Welfare fund for Talossans encountering hardship, grief, or illness, and

Be it further resolved, that before the commencement of such campaign, the Finance Ministry develop guidelines defining hardship, grief, or illness for the purposes of accessing the fund and procedures for disbursement.

Uréu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-BREN)

I like the idea in principle.

I'd like it to have some guardrails though with provisions to ensure transparency and fairness.

Based on your feedback I split the second resolved clause into three parts. I know this has quite an uphill climb toward passing but I hope in time this initiative perhaps under a different sponsor might come to be enacted.
#2
Quote from: Sir Ian Plätschisch on Yesterday at 08:47:18 PMWhat does the member think about whether it is possible for artificial intelligence to become sentient?

While working at the UBC Department of Computer Science I had the privilege of talking to professors who have worked with Geoffrey Hinton and Yoshua Bengio (two of the major figures in machine learning and artificial intelligence). I trust their expertise and each one described LLM behavior that was beginning to have "the appearance of sentience." Appearance is not confirmation but I think our own safety and morality demands the taking of precautions in our use and growth of these machines in case sentience emerges.

#5
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 06:26:36 PMHe can delegate someone to moderate in his place.

Thanks. Moinul, I hope this is what you had planned. Since I appear to be staying in the Ziu I'll post my vote soon. Also, it looks like I'll be the Leader of the Opposition (third time,quite cool) starting next month barring any unexpected Non votes.
#6
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on Yesterday at 05:38:43 PMMy imminent departure from the Ziu will open up my mental energies, hopefully, for renewed attention to Talossa's only TV channel, Fora Talossa. Abbavilla Digest will be back. What I am really excited about, though, is the possibility of one TBoC contributor taping a segment for the Tastes of Talossa series...that would be fantastic.

That didn't last long. I just got back from a nice walk and was delighted at the prospect of Talossa moving forward. I still plan to get something going for FT but will be throwing things at Ziu buzzsaw too.
#7
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN-GC on Yesterday at 06:27:33 PM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on Yesterday at 05:01:30 PMFolks, if you could please put parts that concern the end of the boycott into a joint statement?

No. As AD said, this is not a negotiation.

So then we won't be moving forward. I appreciate you laying out the terms. My door is open should you all decide to post the joint statement as an exercise in trust-building.
#8
Fora Talossa / Renewed Fora Talossa Programming
Yesterday at 05:38:43 PM
My imminent departure from the Ziu will open up my mental energies, hopefully, for renewed attention to Talossa's only TV channel, Fora Talossa. Abbavilla Digest will be back. What I am really excited about, though, is the possibility of one TBoC contributor taping a segment for the Tastes of Talossa series...that would be fantastic.
#9
I am waiting for a response from someone concerning Moinul's inability to moderate informal sessions before voting. Have we determined who will moderate the audio/visual aspects of informal sessions as Moinul can't?
#10
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN-GC on Yesterday at 03:52:45 PMLet's discuss what "the end of the boycott" means.

Firstly, there is no boycott on Crement. It is just that you don't even try to hide that you are cooperating closely politically, and that your apparent "split" from the Greens was a sham in the hope that you could use Crement to get around the boycott. If you abide by the terms AD is proposing, there will no longer be a reason for us to treat Crement differently from the other non-government parties.

Secondly, let us talk about what "boycott" means in this context. It means a refusal from the Progs and from the URL to deal with you politically unless you apologized to Lüc in a way in which he accepted. The fact that Lüc has not accepted this apology and that there has been no reconciliation is why this extra step is needed.

I agree with AD's suggestion of a couple of concrete ways that you can prove that you really meant the apology for sexual harassment, and fine, if you do that, you show willingness to engage, and I will no longer object to the Government dealing with you politically, giving you jobs to do etc.

However, this doesn't change all the other ways you have acted. Your hardball approach to politics drove both @Bråneu and @Munditenens out; and your reaction to being boycotted has been to pretend it's not happening, to "keep bopping along" in AD's terms, to recruit your husband to Talossa so you'll have someone to tell you you've done nothing wrong. You clearly think there is nothing wrong with how you behave in Talossa, and you are going to keep doing it. Well, there is something simple here to end the formal boycott, but changing the opinion of most Talossans who're not your husband that you're a vesneir, a verpă, and a bragartac'h, and to feel like co-operating with you, will be much harder. Look, don't be discouraged - if AD and I can build a working relationship, anything is possible.

Thirdly, the "boycott" refers to a refusal of political engagement on a policy level. This is distinct from voting on your Senses of the Ziu, which I consider to be glurge. Even if you were to be personally rehabilitated, I don't think I will ever vote Per on them, no matter how much I agree with them "on paper", because I don't think that's what the Ziu is for. I will argue for this position within my party too. There is a difference between a "boycott" and "not supporting something you support because we think it's foolish".

Questions? Comments?

Folks, if you could please put parts that concern the end of the boycott into a joint statement? I have now, and will continue, to charitably not react to any insinuations about why Crement immigrated to Talossa (but thank and love him for his positive influence here), about Braneu and Dien's decisions to avoid Talossa (which are their decisions for which they are responsible not me), and about the utility of continued name-calling Miestra. :) I also thank you for acknowledging the non-response to my second apology...

You can have your cheap shots so long as Talossa gets to move on. Please lets post the joint statement without inflammatory language and unsigned. I will complete the steps you request, please then sign it, after confirmation.
#11
I don't think the CRL is up and running yet but posting notice now that I plan to move this to the CRL for consideration.
#12
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 11:42:47 AMThis is not a two-way street. You hurt another person.

Trust is a two-way street and will need to be rebuilt.
I am simply asking you and Miestra to post the joint statement you plan to make unsigned announcing the end of the boycott. I am happy to take the course and resign from the Ziu. Neither of those things bother me but I am concerned that you will invent new reasons or start talking about Dien or Braneu.
#13
El Funal/The Hopper / The Sentient Rights Act
Yesterday at 11:35:57 AM
Whereas, it can be said that one objective in granting rights is to reduce suffering and enhance flourishing, so the use of sentience as a guiding characteristic may be more appropriate, and

Whereas, it was the trailblazing philosopher Jeremy Bentham who wrote in 1789, "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?", and

Whereas, sentience is the characteristic of consciousness whereby an organism has a sufficient level of awareness to experience suffering, and

Whereas, sentience has been proven to be a characteristic not exclusive to homo sapiens sapiens, and

Whereas, it is therefore a fact that the restriction of the normative and legal discussion and codification of rights to humankind is an unacceptable case of anthropocentric speciesism.

Therefore, be it enacted that el Lexhatx F.5.1.8 which currently reads:

Quote10 December. Human Rights Day. A suggested method to celebrate Human Rights Day is reviewing Article XI of The Organic Law and/or the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

is deleted.

and the current el Lexhatx F.5.2.7 which reads:

QuoteDecember 12: Llimbaziua (Language Day).

is renumbered as F.5.1.9.

The following new article is reinserted as el Lexhatx F.5.1.8 to read as:

Quote10 December. Sentient Rights Day. A day to celebrate the dignity and honor the rights of all sentient beings.

Uréu q'estadra så,
Breneir Tzaracomprada (MC-BREN)
#14
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 11:30:58 AMI hear you. But I'm not sure you hear me when I tell you that you don't get any "ask" because we're not making a bargain.

If you would like to show that you are actually remorseful and have learned something, these are two things you can do that no one could reasonably shrug aside.

You really like being in the legislature, and it's going to hurt for you to resign at the start of the term. You will not like undergoing training on how do avoid sexual harassment, because it will be a little challenging.

I am sure you would love an excuse to avoid both of these things, because you're not actually sorry for your past choices. But if you were sorry and wanted to show that, I'm telling you on behalf of a majority: here's how you could do it.

I don't think you do hear, Alexandreu. I am disappointed. Please let me know when you are able to show that this will really end. Trust is a two-way street.
#15
Quote from: Moinul Moin on Yesterday at 10:03:38 AM
Quote from: Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP on October 01, 2026, 10:56:13 PMThese rules were in use during the last two Informal Sessions so I would hope they are uncontroversial. If there are any objections to them not just from S:reu Moin but from other Members of the Cosă, I'd be happy to hear them.
Would I still be able to take on the Tuisc'hach responsibility if I'm unable to attend video/audio conferences, but can handle the duties through other means?

Moinul, if you are unable to attend video/audio conferences then this eliminates your ability to moderate informal live sessions. I wonder if there is any option to designate an alternate? Either a Deputy Speaker or maybe the Mencei could handle duties needing someone to moderate using audio/video?
#16
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 11:11:32 AMJust to reiterate, we are not bartering here. We're not striking a deal. You asked what you needed to do to move on, and I told you something that we had all discussed and that seemed like it would actually show both real remorse and a desire to learn. We're not negotiating about what you get in exchange, because this is not an exchange.

Personally, I don't think you will agree to these steps, because I don't think you actually feel sorry or think you did anything wrong. But it felt unfair and like a bad precedent to leave you in perpetual limbo. Just about everybody has the capacity to change and grow, and you deserve a chance to demonstrate that. You can do that or not.

Just as it has always been, the choice is yours.

Actually it is not the steps that concern me it is your commitment to follow through with ending the boycott once the steps are completed.

I asked for a public commitment, via the statement to be released announcing the end of the boycott, as a sign that you will actually do what you have not done twice before.

Please show me that the boycott will end if I resign from the Ziu and complete the course by posting the joint statement (from you and Miestra) here.

This is not an unreasonable ask.
#17
A huge thanks to all who have submitted recipes! As we enter the final weeks before publication I'd like to announce that the submission period for recipes will end on October 15th. Please be sure to get in your tasty tales before then.
#18
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 10:41:04 AMI'll say something along the lines of, "We asked him to take these concrete steps to show his remorse and begin to educate himself.  He has successfully done this."

I'm not sure what else you want.  We're not bartering here.  These are specific and concrete things you can do to show remorse and begin to rehabilitate yourself.

I want an actual statement saying that the boycott against me and my husband has ended. Please list the specific aspects of the boycott that have ended for clarity. There is no deal without it being posted here.

Both you and Miestra stated that if I apologized that would be sufficient. I apologized once and was told it was insincere and insufficient. I apologized again and two months later am now told it took too long. Now I want rock-solid, public commitments that this third time is it.

I do not trust either of you so please help end this by showing that if your two conditions are met you will treat my husband respectfully and that we are clear of this terrible period in history.
#19
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 10:18:49 AMI'll check the certificate to ensure it's real and that you satisfactorily completed the course, and I'll confirm as much to others.

What actions will you and Miestra take publicly to confirm the end of the boycott?

I mean public statements, etc.
#20
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on Yesterday at 09:39:35 AM
Quote from: Breneir Tzaracomprada on October 01, 2026, 12:59:31 PMAfter the Seneschal's recent vote, I posted the following notes on my own votes:

QuoteAlso, why are people still voting against legislation due to my sponsorship? I have apologized to Luc, refrained from repeated instances of what was problematic, and have been gracious with others. What is the current purpose of the social boycott?

What is the new purpose (or adapted old purpose) of this continuing social boycott? Was my second apology viewed as insincere? Have I offended additional people? Or is it being done until I leave?

I felt this was a reasonable question.  There should be a path to redemption for anyone.  You apologized  -- after an incredible amount of public pressure, but you did eventually do it.  But I think in combination with a lot of your other behavior, it makes it seem harder to work with you in any capacity.

I mean, you've become famous for your nagging... when you lodge a request with someone, you nag them over and over in public until they oblige or answer you.  It's effective, but it's rude, and you don't seem to care how it looks.  Similarly, throwing your husband under the bus with the party switch was a pretty callous thing to do.  I don't know how your apology would have landed after so much time and pressure in any case, but your behavior hasn't helped one bit.

Still, this situation represents an opportunity for growth, and the status quo probably can't continue.  So after some discussion, here's the deal:

We'd like to see a gesture of remorse to show that you regret your actions, and we'd like to be sure this doesn't happen again to anyone else.  Accordingly, I think people would be prepared to normalize things and move on if two things happened:

1.  You should resign from the Cosa for the remainder of this term.  Being an MZ is something that you seem to value, and if you were to resign from the Cosa it would be something material you could do to show contrition.  You'd be voluntarily paying a price for your past mistakes in a way that everyone could see and believe.  Under the current circumstances, it wouldn't materially affect national politics much.

2.  Second, we would like you to undertake an educational course in how to understand and prevent sexual harassment of all kinds.  This course specifically is well-reviewed and offers a graduation certificate that can be verified by outsiders as genuine.

I sincerely hope you will choose to take these steps, painful and awkward as it might be for you, and then we can maybe all begin to move past this.  You will have paid a price and worked towards rehabilitation, and that will be something worthwhile.

There we go. True concrete steps. I see two requirements for me. On your side, as the enforcers of the boycott, what actions do you agree to take to note its end?