News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Hoder Alston

#1
Immigration Archive / Re: Introducing Hoder from China!
September 13, 2026, 12:32:26 PM
Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN-GC on September 08, 2026, 04:51:22 PMHello @Hoder Alston . What part of China do you live in, and have you always lived there?
I live in Foochow(also called Fuzhou), Fokien(also called Fujian) province, that is coastal city and in this year I almost always live in the city.
#2
Immigration Archive / Re: Introducing Hoder from China!
September 08, 2026, 10:12:20 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on September 03, 2026, 02:45:53 PM
Quote from: Hoder Alston on September 02, 2026, 10:18:00 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 20, 2026, 07:33:20 AM
TalossAssistant Assignment

@Barclamïu da Miéletz  , you are assigned as TalossAssistant to this prospective immigrant.  Please reach out to them publicly and privately to offer encouragement, suggest engaging things they could do, chat about their interests, and show them that Talossa is a wonderful place to be!

@Hoder Alston  , please don't hesitate to ask Barc any questions about anything... they're here to help you!  The only thing they're not allowed to discuss is political parties, since that's against the rules of the program.  They will help you throughout the rest of the immigration process, and afterwards.  Welcome!
Thank you for the welcome and for assigning Barc as my TalossAssistant! I really appreciate it.
Sorry for the delayed response — I've been busy with some other things over the past few days and didn't have much time to check in on the community. I'm looking forward to learning more about Talossa and getting more involved!

That's great!  No worries for the delay -- we're glad to have you here.  Is there anything that's surprising to you so far?
So far, I think what's surprised me the most is how active and elaborate the community is. I didn't expect there to be so many different aspects of Talossa to explore, from its history and culture to the community itself. I'm still learning about everything, but I'm definitely enjoying discovering more about it!
#3
Immigration Archive / Re: Introducing Hoder from China!
September 02, 2026, 10:18:00 AM
Quote from: Baron Alexandreu Davinescu on August 20, 2026, 07:33:20 AM
TalossAssistant Assignment

@Barclamïu da Miéletz  , you are assigned as TalossAssistant to this prospective immigrant.  Please reach out to them publicly and privately to offer encouragement, suggest engaging things they could do, chat about their interests, and show them that Talossa is a wonderful place to be!

@Hoder Alston  , please don't hesitate to ask Barc any questions about anything... they're here to help you!  The only thing they're not allowed to discuss is political parties, since that's against the rules of the program.  They will help you throughout the rest of the immigration process, and afterwards.  Welcome!
Thank you for the welcome and for assigning Barc as my TalossAssistant! I really appreciate it.
Sorry for the delayed response — I've been busy with some other things over the past few days and didn't have much time to check in on the community. I'm looking forward to learning more about Talossa and getting more involved!
#4
Immigration Archive / Re: Introducing Hoder from China!
September 02, 2026, 10:15:45 AM
Quote from: Barclamïu da Miéletz on August 20, 2026, 11:45:04 AMAzul (Talossan for hello) @Hoder Alston! I've read in your application that you're interested in national symbols, the development of Talossa and well as being involved in the community. There are many ways of getting involved, for example, you have an interesting concept to share (what I did, I made a concept for Talossan number plates and road signs as well as a driving licence) or you have something else in mind.

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions, either in public or in private, and I'll do my best to answer, even though I haven't been a citizen for that long.
Azul! Thank you for reaching out and for the suggestions. I'm especially interested in Talossan history, heraldry and national symbols, so I'll definitely keep those kinds of projects in mind. I'll also let you know if I have any questions about getting involved in the community. It's great to have someone I can ask!
#5
Immigration Archive / Re: Introducing Hoder from China!
September 02, 2026, 10:14:31 AM
Quote from: Moinul Moin on August 20, 2026, 01:19:38 PM
Quote from: Hoder Alston on August 19, 2026, 09:40:54 PM
Quote from: Moinul Moin on August 17, 2026, 01:28:58 AMWelcome, @Hoder Alston! Could you tell us a little about your interest in Biology?
Sure! I'm particularly interested in arthropods, especially their diversity, evolution, and Taxonomy. I find it fascinating how incredibly diverse arthropods are and how they have adapted to so many different environments.
That is really cool! I'd love to know what first got you interested in arthropods or taxonomy?

And,Do you have any interest in other parts of Biology (etc. Genetics, Cell or else...)?
I think what first attracted me to arthropods was their incredible diversity. I found it fascinating that there are so many different groups and forms, and that they can be found in almost every kind of environment. That gradually led me to become more interested in taxonomy and evolution.
As for other areas of biology, I'm interested in quite a few things, although arthropods are definitely my main interest. I'm also interested in evolution and ecology, for example.
#6
Quote from: Sir Lüc on August 19, 2026, 12:37:47 PMWelcome Hoder! Glad to hear you're into history, Talossa sure needs more historians to help preserve its past.
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to learning more about Talossan history. I'd be happy to help preserve and learn about its past as I become more involved in the community.
#7
Quote from: Moinul Moin on August 17, 2026, 01:28:58 AMWelcome, @Hoder Alston! Could you tell us a little about your interest in Biology?
Sure! I'm particularly interested in arthropods, especially their diversity, evolution, and Taxonomy. I find it fascinating how incredibly diverse arthropods are and how they have adapted to so many different environments.
#8
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm very happy to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning more about Talossa!