Election of the incoming Praisidïeu

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, February 20, 2022, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Esteemed members of the General Assembly of the Free Province of Fiova:

According to the Constitution of our Province, elections for a three-person Praisidïeu (standing committee of the General Assembly) will be held at the same time as every Cosa election. That is, if I understand the national electoral calendar correctly, this election will run from March 15 to April 1 this year, i.e. starting in just over a month.

Under the Elections and Referendums Law, Title I Section 3, as Secretary of State I am required to submit to the General Assembly the rules by which I will carry out this election.

Therefore, I hereby declare that the rules for the upcoming election of the Praisidïeu will be as follows:

1. Nominations for the Praisidïeu (Title III Sections 1-2) will open on March 1 this year and will close 1 week after that, on March 8.

Under Title III Section 2.1, such a nomination includes the candidate's full name; their party affiliation (if any); and a statement, no longer than fifty words, of the candidate's aims and objectives (optional).

Please make these nominations in this thread, or by personal communication with myself.

2. The period between close of nominations and start of voting (Title III Section 4) will therefore be one week, as determined by the Chancery's timetable for the national elections.

3. the actual process of voting and the production of the "ballot paper" (Title II Section 2) will be delegated to the National Chancery, whom I have asked to use the same voting mechanism as used for Senäts elections. This will allow "write-in" candidates (Title III, Section 5.3.1): the voters may give any citizen, not just the officially nominated candidates, a preference.

4. Once the Chancery reports all the votes, I will count them using the OpaVote website using "ERS97 STV" rules. I certify that this will provide a result as close as makes no difference to that set out in our law. (Title V, Section 12).

Questions? Comments?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Nominations in the Praisideu election are now open.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Nominations for the Praisideu election are Bradley Higgs, Miestră Schivă, and Gödafrieu Valcádac'h.

Fifty word statements::

Bradley Higgs: "if you can find a role for me as the official country clown who comes in occasionally and gives a meandering, unhinged speech about whatever i'm into that week then disappears into the shadows to remain drunk the rest of the year; then dude, i'm your guy, man."

Miestră Schivă: "I really think we should merge with Maricopa. The big issue with this will be negotiating a constitution for the new province which will respect both sides' history and traditions. But that's the kind of thing I'm good at."

Gödafrieu Valcádac'h: "ugh. Put me in then lol"