News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Republic Records

Started by Baron Alexandreu Davinescu, May 27, 2021, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

You might want to reconsider your project of writing it all on your own, then. I am struggling for a way to put this gently, but here goes: you have spent your Talossan political career accusing prominent Talossans of theft; betrayal; corruption; telling them that Talossa would be better off if they resigned and became inactive; etc. Surely you understand that such people are not going to be co-operative sources for your project; that such people will naturally assume that anything you write will be by turns dismissive, condescending, prurient and scolding of the people whom you have targeted throughout your Talossan political career. Why would anyone co-operate with someone who has made their Talossan lives a misery? Why would former citizens of the Republic be happy with having our story written by someone who disagreed with our various existence and characterised us as criminals? I sometimes despair that you show so little insight as to why, to be blunt, you will never be on friendly terms with people who you've spent your Talossan career characterising negatively.

A real Talossan history has to be written - if not by a completely neutral, dispassionate historian - then collectively to make sure of a balanced authorial voice. For this reason I implore you to rejoin, and help restart, the New Talossan History Project.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Baron Alexandreu Davinescu

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 03, 2021, 07:59:41 PM
You might want to reconsider your project of writing it all on your own, then. I am struggling for a way to put this gently, but here goes: you have spent your Talossan political career accusing prominent Talossans of theft; betrayal; corruption; telling them that Talossa would be better off if they resigned and became inactive; etc. Surely you understand that such people are not going to be co-operative sources for your project; that such people will naturally assume that anything you write will be by turns dismissive, condescending, prurient and scolding of the people whom you have targeted throughout your Talossan political career. Why would anyone co-operate with someone who has made their Talossan lives a misery? Why would former citizens of the Republic be happy with having our story written by someone who disagreed with our various existence and characterised us as criminals? I sometimes despair that you show so little insight as to why, to be blunt, you will never be on friendly terms with people who you've spent your Talossan career characterising negatively.

A real Talossan history has to be written - if not by a completely neutral, dispassionate historian - then collectively to make sure of a balanced authorial voice. For this reason I implore you to rejoin, and help restart, the New Talossan History Project.
I do not think it would be a good idea for me to contribute to the history that you and GV have written.  When it first got started, I was happy and enthusiastic, and I contributed a big chunk of writing.  You were upset at my effrontery, since I was just jumping in and you already had plans for what you wanted the outline to look like.   The conflict seemed like a pretty good sign that we were going to have some friction, so I backed off and wished you luck.  I don't think anything has changed since then.  It doesn't seem likely we could work together productively.

I love Talossan history, and the more of it we have, the better.  I wish you nothing but success with your own efforts.  I know you have a specific vision for it, and I'm sure it's going to be great when it's done.  I look forward to reading it.  As for myself, I'm just going to keep chugging away at my book.  Thank you, though.

Your point about your willingness to assist me is well-taken.  It was silly of me to be speaking to you as an intermediary rather than doing the legwork myself.  I will take your advice.
Alexandreu Davinescu, Baron Davinescu del Vilatx Freiric del Vilatx Freiric es Guaír del Sabor Talossan

Bitter struggles deform their participants in subtle, complicated ways. ― Zadie Smith
Revolution is an art that I pursue rather than a goal I expect to achieve. ― Robert Heinlein