News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

56th Cosă -- October Clark Discussion Thread

Started by Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP, October 01, 2021, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Dear colleagues, please come to order.

I hereby open this month's session of the Cosă. This month's topics are the following:

[table style="width:70%" border=1]
[tr][td]Date Däts[/td] [td]Topic Topic[/td] [td]Author(s) Auþor(s)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]01 - 05[/td] [td]56RZ3: The Talossan Criminal Law Reform Bill #2
56RZ3: El Proxhet dal Reformaziun del Drept Penal Talossan n:reu 2
[/td] [td]Miestră Schivă, FREEDEMS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]06 - 11[/td] [td]56RZ4: The Legislative Process Improvement Bill #1
56RZ4: El Proxhet dal Miglhoriçaziun dal Proceßă Lexhislatïu n:reu 1
[/td] [td]Miestră Schivă, FREEDEMS
Glüc da Dhi, KLüP[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]12 - 16[/td] [td]56RZ5: The 56th Cosa Budget
56RZ5: El Báxhet dal 56:téă Cosă
[/td] [td]Sen. Ian Plätschisch[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]17 - 21[/td] [td]56RZ6: The Big Fat Chocolate-Covered Waste of Time Bill
56RZ6: El Proxhet dal Grült Fäts Perdaziun da Temp Alsetour Cün Schocolat
[/td] [td]Miestră Schivă, FREEDEMS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]22 - 31[/td] [td]Recess
Spaßetxadă[/td] [td]--[/td][/tr]
[/table]

The first subject on the agenda is RZ3. Due to lack of engagement during the August Clark, there will be no fixed speaking order in future sessions. Members of the Cosă will be free to comment on the bills in any order they like.

Note that this is not a voting thread. The actual voting will take place as usual in the SoS's Voting Thread.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

All right, est. Túischac'h, let's start this ball rolling.

The reasons for Criminal Law Reform #2 Electric Boogaloo are pretty much well canvassed. This bill does two things: 1) it makes it possible for us to sanction Talossans for doing a horrible crime outside Talossa, but properly and through a legal process, not just an administrative "throwing them down the memory hole". 2) it adds an extra step to trials for serious crimes, just in case a political biased prosecutor decides to go on a vendetta. Please vote PER with gusto.

Questions? Comments?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

xpb

Just so I understand - the discussion is intended occur about a given bill between the specified dates?  I'm going to be traveling a bit just need to plan ahead.  I realize the statement at the end is "Members of the Cosă will be free to comment on the bills in any order they like." but I want to respect the process established.

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: xpb on October 05, 2021, 11:06:21 AM
Just so I understand - the discussion is intended occur about a given bill between the specified dates?  I'm going to be traveling a bit just need to plan ahead.

That was the original intention, yes, but I might think about waiving this as well if the House is in agreement on that.

QuoteI realize the statement at the end is "Members of the Cosă will be free to comment on the bills in any order they like." but I want to respect the process established.
This is in reference to the system used in August, where Members were encouraged to pre-register their speeches so that I could order speeches fairly, but this didnt amount to anything. Therefore, there is no more fixed order that Members are expected to speak in.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

el PARTI TAFIALISTÀ, voastra va facçal in la 56 58:téa Cosă.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Okay. On to the next bill, and I hope my learned colleague from the KLüP will also offer his three bence.

Talossan legislation has historically been of low quality, mainly because no-one reads it properly, including its proponent. The Hopper helps somewhat, but we've had the terrible issue where a bill can be Clarked just a day or three before it's voted on without any requirement for a thorough-going "proofreading". This bill requires either approval from the three-person committee of the Attorney-General and the Chairs of both Houses, or 30 days, before a bill goes on the Clark. It will mean slower, but higher quality, law making.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Ian Plätschisch

Azul,

Being the author of the RZ5, the Budget, I hope I am allowed to speak here despite not being a member of the Cosa. If not, I suppose you are free to toss me out.

The expenditures are based on either the Government's past experiences or our best estimates. While we have been informed that stamps cannot be purchased for $50, the Ziu will have to opportunity to vote again solely on the matter of stamps if the Government later decides to request additional monies. This decision will likely be based on how much income we receive through donations and sales of coins and stamps.

Miestră Schivă, UrN

On to the final and perhaps most controversial bill of the Clark.

The Council of Governors does nothing at the moment. The Interior Minister is required by law to name a Governor-General and nothing else happens. Some MZs have put together quite good arguments for the Council to be maintained in some other format. But I consulted with the Interior Minister and he supported a total deletion. So here we are.

Françal I. Lux

Quote from: Miestră Schivă, UrN on October 17, 2021, 03:56:22 PM
On to the final and perhaps most controversial bill of the Clark.

The Council of Governors does nothing at the moment. The Interior Minister is required by law to name a Governor-General and nothing else happens. Some MZs have put together quite good arguments for the Council to be maintained in some other format. But I consulted with the Interior Minister and he supported a total deletion. So here we are.
I believe we need to downsize the government to a more managable size and prioritize the institutions critical to the day-to-day running of the country. There are so very few of us left, it's honestly a pipe dream to keep these sorts of institutions alive. Now, if a day comes where we become more active, I have no problem reviving this council again. 

F. I. Lux
Minister of Interior
F. I. Lux, Minister of Interior