News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

Joining the FreeDems I guess

Started by Ian Plätschisch, November 10, 2021, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Plätschisch

My political views have not changed, just my assessment of where I can best implement them.

The LCC is not doing anything. This is not necessarily bad as perhaps it has simply run its course (I wish Txosue the best if he wants to continue running it, but I have not heard from him in a while). If the conservatives are going to rally around something now, it can't be a party closely associated with me, because I just don't agree with them enough (I hope they rally around Dien to be honest). I suppose the LCC could rebrand as an explicitly moderate party, but...

On the major issue of the elective Monarchy, I agree with the FreeDems since they are supporting my "Compromise on the Compromise." The best way to ensure they continue to support it, and don't decide they want something more extreme later, is to join them. This seems much more effective than trying to keep the LCC viable.

So I will be seeking membership in the Free Demoracts, which is definitely not something I ever expected to write.