[JUSTICE] Urgent appeal to the Cort Pü Inalt

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, November 22, 2021, 06:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Part of the Government's plan for the Justice portfolio in this Cosa has been to revitalise the Talossan Bar. I determined that the most efficient way to do this was to apply for the Bar myself.

The CpI set me a written examination, which I completed on the 28th of August this year. In response to a Terpelaziun in the Cosa in October, I had to report that I had had absolutely no formal response from the Cort to this examination. This situation has not changed, almost two months later.

My sources within the hallowed halls of Talossan justice have led me to believe that the answer for this is that three out of the existing four CpI Judges have not made any response to my examination (as opposed to the 2 which I had previously reported). The remaining Judge is of course not authorised to give any formal response on their own.

This, not to put too fine a point on it, stinks. Sure, Talossa is in a bit of a soporific patch at the moment. But the job of CpI Judge in Talossa is very, very low-workload as it stands.

This is my formal announcement of the fact that I intend to communicate personally with each of the absent CpI Judges to ask whether they still have any interest in being on the Cort. If not, I will happily accept their resignation on behalf of the Government. If so, I will ask them to give me an immediate date by which my application for Bar membership will be considered. If a satisfactory response is not forthcoming, from one or more Judges, it will be my sad duty as Avocat-Xheneral, to use the provisions of Organic Law VIII.8 and El Lexhatx G.11.1 et seq. to ask the Ziu to compel these Judges to retirement by means of a Notice of Reprimand.

Questions? Comments?

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Having once sat on the CpI, I can understand the tendency toward complacency. However, when something did come up, I always bestirred myself. If our CpI isn't functioning, I support this move.
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal