RArchives: exact dates for Clarks and Cosa Elections?

Started by GV, January 07, 2022, 07:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GV

From time to time, I may post 'research questions' to Witt for Talossans to answer.  This is one of those times and the first of same.  Many thanks for your help in advance!

1. The Clark has always been voted on the 1st through the 21st of the month so specified.
2. Cosa Elections for many years were voted on the 15th of one month, ending on the 14th of the month following.  A few years ago, legislation changed that voting window to the 1st through 14th of a single month. 

Are these things correct, and if 2. is correct, what legislation was it that made that change?

Many thanks!

GV, RArchivist

GV

I will never, ever have time to do the deep-dives necessary to bring the histories of individual provinces to life, not even for Fiova and Maricopa.

I would love for one or more people in each province to step up and do this historical research on their own.

xpb

Quote from: GV on January 07, 2022, 07:29:40 AM
I will never, ever have time to do the deep-dives necessary to bring the histories of individual provinces to life, not even for Fiova and Maricopa.

I would love for one or more people in each province to step up and do this historical research on their own.

There's a bit in the Cézembre Administrative Guide but I will endeavor to assemble more.

GV

Quote from: xpb on January 07, 2022, 01:58:13 PM

There's a bit in the Cézembre Administrative Guide but I will endeavor to assemble more.

Thank you for that, but what about the date-scheme I cited at the top of this thread?

Ian Plätschisch

Elections currently run from the 15th through the 1st of the next month.

xpb

Quote from: GV on January 09, 2022, 06:35:02 AM

Thank you for that, but what about the date-scheme I cited at the top of this thread?
If you are referencing when l'Etats meets then:
Article 10. L'Etats shall have power to pass any bill into law by a simple majority vote of its Voting Members. Le Sénéchal s hall send out a notification of voting period, of at least seven days. Each member shall have a prescribed amount of time in which to cast his vote (by email, telephone or forum post) before voting closes.
I have typically extended this to at least a fortnight.

If you mean a general history I will delve into that as well.

GV

Quote from: xpb on January 09, 2022, 12:34:58 PM
Quote from: GV on January 09, 2022, 06:35:02 AM

If you are referencing when l'Etats meets then:
Article 10. L'Etats shall have power to pass any bill into law by a simple majority vote of its Voting Members. Le Sénéchal s hall send out a notification of voting period, of at least seven days. Each member shall have a prescribed amount of time in which to cast his vote (by email, telephone or forum post) before voting closes.
I have typically extended this to at least a fortnight.

If you mean a general history I will delve into that as well.

I refer exclusively to national elections and Clarks.  I literally do not care right now about provincial history, but I can make you a deputy Royal Archivist for getting your province's stuff in order.  More jobs for the Jobs Board, I guess...  lol

Thanks so much for your interest!