News:

Welcome to Wittenberg!

Main Menu

ID cards to be rewarded for Civics Test

Started by Miestră Schivă, UrN, January 27, 2022, 10:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miestră Schivă, UrN

In any case, I think we need to put it on record that the Free Democrats still support the "Civics Test for ID Cards" proposal. Talossan political discourse is at a very low level precisely because basic knowledge of Talossan history, law, politics and culture is no longer required for new citizens. And an uneducated people are prone to be manipulated by unscrupulous demagogues who give them only a partial picture.

I would be open to some other incentive to require people to prove their Civics knowledge, but this seems a good place to start.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Marcel Eðo Pairescu Tafial, UrGP

Quote from: Açafat del Val on March 18, 2022, 11:14:05 AM
I struggle to see why we should add more bureaucracy and vanity (and ministerial burdens on some poor bloke), when we have passports and coats of arms and coins and stamps and so much else already.

We *do not* have passports.
Editing posts is my thing. My bad.
Feel free to PM me if you have a Glheþ translation request!

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Good news, everybody! The draft quiz has reached 50 questions. Now to find a quiz platform that can pick 20 "randomised" questions and give a score. I think 16/20 would be a "pass" mark given the open-book nature of the test.

I also note that the currently-popular design for the ID cards has changed significantly from that endorsed from the outgoing Cabinet. I suppose the incoming Cabinet will have to re-approve a design, and then make a proper budget for getting the physical cards made.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Now that playtesting of the Civics Test seems to be successful, we need to move on to getting ID cards into Talossan hands.

The Deputy Minister in charge of Talossaware, s:reu Autofíl, is currently preparing a proposal for Cabinet based on:
a) final final finalization of the ID card design;
b) making a Budget request for printing and postage.

Sir Txec dal Nordselvă, UrB

Will those who've already taken (and passed) the test get credit for it, or will we have to do it again to qualify?
Sir Txec Róibeard dal Nordselvă, UrB, GST, O.SPM, SMM
Secretár d'Estat
Guaír del Sabor Talossan
The Squirrel Viceroy of Arms, The Rouge Elephant Herald, RTCoA
Cunstaval da Vuode
Justice Emeritus of the Uppermost Cort
Former Seneschal

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Have to run that past Cabinet but my initial reaction is that successful playtesters have already qualified

Miestră Schivă, UrN

If you've already passed the Civics Test, the Ministry of STUFF has sent you a Witt PM asking for more details so we can send you your ID card.