New Political Party? Unhappy with Communications of the Powers that Be?

Started by Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun, January 30, 2020, 01:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun

Do you feel as though Talossan politics is moving too fast for your liking? Do you look at bills and think "Well, that cannot be right. Nobody really initiated a discussion. Things just seem to be passed through without any meaningful debate!"?

Does that irk you? Do you know why this is? Do you remember TERPELAZIUNS having been a thing? When was the last time you saw a good ol' Terp debate happening?

Currently, most parties within the Kingdom of Talossa, our beloved nationette, all seem to agree upon everything and seem uninterested in meaningful opposition, except maybe for the ZNP with S:reu Börnatfiglheu at its head.

Well, I say: enough is enough. I am announcing the workings of a launch of a new Party.

Name of Party: To be Announced.
Platform of Party: To be Announced.
General Idea: at first, the idea is to be a good and satisfactory opposition party, to work with other oppositionary powers to keep the Government on their toes, and to critically look at how everything can be made more appealing to the general citizen.

inb4 conservative/republican: This currently one-citaxhien-party is envisioned to be a non-hereditary lifetime Monarchist party that values Our National Language. In the long run, it is my hope to look into whether monetary incentives can be given to citizens to accomplish the tasks that everybody seems too busy/bored to accomplish.

But all of this is just half-baked, stemming from the last straw, which is the currently Hoppered http://talossa.proboards.com/thread/13848/electoral-roll-act.
Mîmbreu Xhugnhör da l'Avocatür Rexhital

I support the "United Provinces of Maritiimi-Maxhestic, Vuode, and Dandenburg."

Miestră Schivă, UrN

Good work! Maybe you can ask the King to give you the ZPT seats which will be vacated next month. I agree that we need a vigorous Opposition in this Cosa.

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan

Magniloqueu Épiqeu Ac’hlerglünä da Lhiun

I am most certainly not planning on unduly entering the Ziu without a real mandate from the citizens.
Mîmbreu Xhugnhör da l'Avocatür Rexhital

I support the "United Provinces of Maritiimi-Maxhestic, Vuode, and Dandenburg."

Miestră Schivă, UrN

That's a principled position, but you might not be so mad by the time of the next election  ;)

PROTECT THE ORGLAW FROM POWER GRABS - NO POLITICISED KING! Vote THE FREE DEMOCRATS OF TALOSSA
¡LADINTSCHIÇETZ-VOI - rogetz-mhe cacsa!
"IS INACTIVITY BAD? I THINK NOT!" - Lord Hooligan